[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think that 3DCG is easier than drawing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Do you guys think that 3DCG is easier than drawing?
>>
>>533326
drawing is kinda skill which you should work on repetitively, for many years, it's not the same as reading manual/watching tutorial and there will be exact explanations to which you'll follow and got to some point, you won't know exactly what you are doing wrong to google it and correct (not saying that 3dcg is easy or anything). you must train your hand for years to make it do what you forsee,
for example if you'll learn 3dcg for 3 years non stop and really give in it, you'll get to some good spot, because you'll know many many technical things which will help you, but drawing in 3 years if you know nothing, you'll still be shit. if you are not ultra talented

3DCG is the same at the end and all art forms which there is, you'll only get to some point with technical thing, then comes imagination which will define what you'll be, and it can be trained, it needs good taste and right inspirations IMHO
>>
I only just started 3D and I've been drawing for years, but I think that I'm finding 3D easier. Possibly I just don't know enough to realise how shit I am yet.

I suspect it varies from person to person. Some people find it easier to visualise things in different ways.
>>
>>533326
of course, if we didnt have 3D everyone would be steamrolling Fengs FZD schoool
>>
depends on you.
>>
>>533326
Defiantly not. To operate at the top spectrum of CGI you need to be a strong artist as well as having comprehensive technical skills.
While your life time is not enough to learn 'everything there is to know' in either aspect of image creation the time it'll take you to aquire even
the basic proficiency needed to create a high end character animation of your own creation is many times that needed to become say a skilled comic book artist.

you can't capture and animate the human form without at the same time being able to draw and sculpt it. You can't be a competent texture artist without at the same time being a competent painter.
Being strong at drawing/painting is something you will have to acquire regardless of how explicitly you study it in order to operate at a high level in computer graphics.
>>
No

I want to say yes but no or it depends on the person. I quickly picked up on both.

My cousin took 2 years to produce /3/ tier content with supervision.
2 Friends gave up after years of producing garbage with supervision. They picked up on 2D Easily without any 1 on 1 help.
>>
>>533326
I find 3D easier.

3D just feels so much more solid to master. Everytime you look up something new you improve and it's really rewarding. Modelling/texturing/rigging/animating. They are all things you can become good at and you will know if you're good at them. Drawing is more of a soft-skill that has a lot of blending elements.

3D also still has that novelty to me that whenever I would render a cube with GI I would be like. Damn, that's pretty sick. With painting i've seen it all before and I'm hardly ever impressed.
>>
>>533326
it depends
are you doing a stickman drawing animation etc?
are you drawing a forest flyby? how about the destruction of a bridge?
>>
>>533326
3d is a lot easier, once you get a model down you never have to remake it again like drawing which you have to create the same thing over and over again for animation.
>>
>>533326
Sculpting is easier than painting and anyone who tells you otherwise is just being in denial in order to defend their craft of choice.

Now, let me preface my reasoning by stating that neither can be done by a random monkey. Both take years of studying to master to a high degree.
What makes 3d easier is that the computer is handling perspective and rendering for you, while 2d art is an uphill struggle to reproduce something that's taken almost for granted in 3d art. To be a good sculpture you have to understand and know the form and structure of the objects you want to sculpt. For 2d you have to do that too, on top of knowing how to render form at all.

It is no wonder a lot of 2d artists these days build some 3d into their workflow. The benefits from it are pretty much undeniable.
>>
File: The-Count.jpg (50KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
The-Count.jpg
50KB, 638x425px
>>533326
I can draw and sculpt both real clay, and in 3d.

Drawing involves lots more detail maintaining consistency.
If you're not sculpting your own 3d models then obviously you've relied on others.

It is very difficult to draw shadows, and compose drawings that will look as realistically detailed as 3d. Not impossible, but difficult.

Complicated question as there are too many variables to consider. The skill set of the person drawing, or whether even at that person's best if whether the final image looks as accurate as 3d.

Depends on the person, and what you want as the end result.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.