[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lads I found proof an actual real fucking pro walks among us

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: cesar-zambelli-bisca.jpg (412KB, 1896x2200px) Image search: [Google]
cesar-zambelli-bisca.jpg
412KB, 1896x2200px
Lads I found proof an actual real fucking pro walks among us.

Yes the person who made THIS browses here holy fuck... Cesar Zambelli!

https://www.artstation.com/artist/cutia
>>
File: proof.jpg (134KB, 835x737px) Image search: [Google]
proof.jpg
134KB, 835x737px
Pic related is a screenshot from his female sculpting course.

I don't feel so dirty posting here anymore. Literal GODS of 3D walk among us!
>>
File: cesar-zambelli-minim.jpg (94KB, 1468x843px) Image search: [Google]
cesar-zambelli-minim.jpg
94KB, 1468x843px
>>
>>532426
That looks so much like it's made with DAZ, but dunno, maybe they just look alike.

But if he's around, he should stop being a nipple and give me something sexy to 3D print >:V
>>
File: cesar-zambelli-skinny-018.jpg (227KB, 1814x1209px) Image search: [Google]
cesar-zambelli-skinny-018.jpg
227KB, 1814x1209px
>>532429
>DAZ

m8 i'm literally watching a tutorial of him sculpting a hot grill right now
>>
>>532426
>https://www.artstation.com/artist/cutia
you fucking underestimate 4chan
>>
lurk more faggot, there are lots of talented artists that browse /3/
>>
>>532427
Good scouting done my /3/ comrade!
>>
>>532468

No... not really. Not when they have to put up with people like you.
>>
>TFW he only comes to /3/ to laugh at the subhuman scum level of 3D in this board.

Sometimes I go to deviant art to laugh at the people with bad art.
>>
>>532427
He's not even that good though
>>
>>532813

Truuuuue, i could do that in my sleep LOL (Laughing out Loud)
>>
>he's from my city

Damn that's cool. We also have bruno camara https://www.artstation.com/artist/brunocamara and I think Rafael Grasseti used to live here but I'm not sure https://www.artstation.com/artist/grassetti
>>
I guess that's why he's such a fucking cunt to everybody.
>>
>>532426
>>532427
That's uh, pretty cool. Doesn't change the fact that barely anyone here can model for shit.
>>
>>533093
>That's uh, pretty cool. Doesn't change the fact that barely anyone here can model for shit.

no one here is employed or has ever been anywhere close to a job, yet everyone here tries to give everyone career advice.

my up most favorite is "you don't need school to be a professional 3rd artist, just watch youtube vides for the next 7 years and try to get a job with no experience, school or contacts"
>>
>>533115
but what if there are no good places to study 3d art in germany ?
I literally visited multiple places wher it is being educated but the google checks say it is all crap. I found one which seems to ge good but at a very small city.
Srsly what to do should I move somewhere else ?
>>
>>533119
Teach yourself. How badly do you want to learn? Is it a hobby or do you want to work in the industry up to 16 hours a day for week son end? If the answer is yes then learn. You will have the passion for it.

I learned this in 1 week last week >>532812

Now im pushing to do it on my own to see how much ive learned before I move on, people are hating on me in that thread but if youre an alpha like me it doesnt bother you, its just haters
>>
>>533115

>my up most favorite is "you don't need school to be a professional 3rd artist, just watch youtube vides for the next 7 years and try to get a job with no experience, school or contacts"

In other words you love wasting money, right.
>>
>>533125

in other words you love wasting your life rigt?

the fact that this thread exists is a proof that /3/ is full of bums who don't know shit. you found 1 guy that knows wtf hes doing and your star struck
>>
>>533130
there are plenty of good artists in /3/ they just don't show up often
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (27KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
27KB, 1280x720px
>>533131

lol sure there are
>>
I bet he made the Dorf
>>
>>533119
You live in fucking germany, how can you not find a good art school is beyond me.
>>
>>533119

10 years from now

Chapter 2 Years of Study and Suffering in 3d
>>
>>532911
can you explain to me how such a new faggot got dubs though?
>>
File: saimon-ma-highresscreenshot00066.jpg (365KB, 1920x1078px) Image search: [Google]
saimon-ma-highresscreenshot00066.jpg
365KB, 1920x1078px
this guy also regularly shitposts on /a/ so i'm pretty sure he browses /3/ as well

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/o0Nlz
>>
>>533512
That guy posted the WIP for that character here multiple times.
>>
>>533513
well there you go
>>
There are good artists here, but after a certain point it is so much effort to post work as this place is made of piss. You can get actual answers and better feedback in pretty much any other forum. Anyone committed isn't here for more than 6 months before moving on or they are insane and enjoy it like slocik and alito.

-you don't need to get a degree
-you can easily learn using resources online
-getting a job is hard as fuck without the contacts you make on a course.
-CONTACTS>SKILL>DEGREE

source is i work as a shitty generalist all over the place.
>>
>>532426
Of course the pros browse here. When they lose their edge they come here to look for fresh ideas, and it makes them feel young again to appreciate their early struggles.

MANY browse 4chan, but so few admit it.
>>
>>532426
>>532427
Im not convinced
I never saw him post here, and there is only few people that good ever posting here, nether of them has a similar style

Do other 2chan and 4chan clones also name their 3d boards 3?
Or maybe hes a lurker only, but honestly , there is not much to see here.
>>
>>533576
For a second there i thought you gonna say "they come here to see how shit you can be and get a self esteem boost"
dunno man, im not seeing any quality crits coming out often, only once in full moon and its not like you wont get 10x more inspired on artstation fresh or trending section.
>>
>>533578
Artstation is great for the polished pros, but they're all doing the same - famous characters to get noticed.
Not suggesting /3/ produces consistent inspiration by any means. They surf 4chan, and make an occasional last stops at /3/ to see the inexperienced argue.
4chan in general offers insight into the best and worst of people.

Ideas, that's what people are looking for. Some kid might post some stupid meme, and with the right kind of mind a pro can transform it into something.

Ultimately I don't care about the pros. Give me the tools, and I could do the same. No one cares unless it makes money. All I've seen are more of the same old ideas being replicated over, and over. Video game military characters. Fantasy shit that looks like everything else we've already seen. Any new ideas? No. Same old shit.
>>
>>533584
>Give me the tools, and I could do the same
But you have the tools. What is stopping you?
What makes an artist is his skill and knowledge not his tools.

Im not sure what you mean by new ideas, and i doubt you do ether.
I will take a good anatomy study over a crappy"genius" modern art piece,
And did you actually look at art stations picks or trending sections?
You get the occasional military gun or an celebrity study, but its rare, most are original works.

Bottom line i disagree with this whole new ideas thing, people have problems with grasping basic anatomy, and we just barely reach a point 3d models can be started to be called photo realistic, yet alone applying the same level of knowledge, understanding and forethought to imaginary creatures or machines. Wo have too many ideas guys in this industry and too few people to realize them.
>>
>>533598
>What makes an artist is his skill and knowledge not his tools.
>bullshit

You can have the most talented artist on the planet, but without the tools you've got nothing.

New ideas are not easy to come by. Usually most people do not appreciate new ideas. In fact the most common reaction to something new causes most people to react troubled by it. Confused. Most do not appreciate something they do not understand, or have a reference to understanding. That is our nature, to not welcome something unrecognizable.

You have lots of good points, but you seem to remind me of someone who goes with the crowd, assuming the crowd knows what is best. The crowd usually goes with whatever is a mimic of something already done, and your bit about "modern art" seems arrogant, and misleading under the assumption that "modern art" is what was proposed as new ideas. Such arrogance, and yet you offer nothing new.

>but its rare, most are original works

No. Most are imitations of what we've already seen to please the crowd. Superheros, and every famous character done before in a cleaner, more refined way, or modifying a combination of different ideas together. Your idea of original is as unoriginal as the most common debates are. There are people who create, but most simply mimic because it is easier to spoon feed the casual public with what they've already known.
>>
>>533598
Should we assume some guy that welds together scrape metal is the best scrape metal artist because he chose those tools over 3d sculpting tools? If only a 3d artist had access to a welding machine and scrape metal perhaps the 3d artist could become the best scrape metal sculptor? EVERYTHING is subjective.
The term "artist" is often too generalized to be relevant.

Your argument is that an "artist" makes do with whatever tools are accessible. Well then the same is true of kind of artist that emerges according to what tools are accessible to that person.
Not everyone has availability to the same tools, and assuming everyone does, is wrong. Each of us is limited to each of our own learning abilities which could limit what skills we'd allow ourselves to learn.
Availability to the best tools to those deeply interested is what makes the difference. Anyone can turn a screwdriver, but without it the person is limited to whatever is available to them.
>>
>>532468
This. Originalfag here. Started in 2003, when I was in grad school finishing MA. Work at big well known studio in Raleigh NC area.
>>
>>533614
>You can have the most talented artist on the planet, but without the tools you've got nothing.
Thats just a lie.
Before 3d modeling there was sculpting out of modern clay, before that sculpting in marble, before carving in wood and before just using standard dirt clay with no tools but your HANDS.
And thats where it boil downs to, all you need to draw is some sand and a stick, or a rock and a piece of chalk, most important part being your own two hands. Everything you need you already got.
Some people draw with milk in their coffee or with ketchup on with their fries,
>New ideas are not easy to come by. Usually most people do not appreciate new ideas.
You are talking about art, yet i have no clue what example of this you would give,

The crowd. And what if the crowd is right? Would smearing yourself in shit and putting yourself on fire be a great piece of art if at lest one retard claimed so? Ultimately i find 3d art about being about self improvement as much as having something to show to others, this is what i feel is lost in modern art trying to convey some stupid message or trying something "new".

>o. Most are imitations of what we've already seen to please the crowd. Superheros, and every famous character done before in a cleaner, more refined way, or modifying a combination of different ideas together. Your idea of original is as unoriginal as the most common debates are.
Everything is a remix.
There was this short series of documentaries, watch it.
Everything builds on things that came before it, this is true for every piece of art ever created, even if made in total isolation it will share features with something created somewhere else, as reality and ways we can interact with it is limited.
Give me an example of "new" idea made in last 20 years and what you mena by it then we can talk further, otherwise this discussion is pointless with you pulling terms out of your butt.
>>
>>533616
>Should we assume some guy that welds together scrape metal is the best scrape metal artist because he chose those tools over 3d sculpting tools?
Yes.
One does welding, they other guy does 3d, those arent exactly the same things.
> If only a 3d artist had access to a welding machine and scrape metal perhaps the 3d artist could become the best scrape metal sculptor?
No.
One guy KNOWS how to weld, the other knows how to use a 3d package.
And without generalizing most 3d modelers never worked manually in their life, welding is a hard ass fuck job, trust me as someone who did welding.

We have to accept limitations of a medium, old pcs were limited by the number of polygons they could render and how well they could render them, welding is limited also, but mostly by the material you use, time required as its a every slow process and the welder you have. The best welding artist might not create pieces as visually complex as guy slapping together polie sin blender, but it dosnt mean the other guy could do better. Now the design itself is way to complex of a subject to drag into this so lefts assume both are masters at engineering anatomy kolagenowe and visually appealing designs.

>Your argument is that an "artist" makes do with whatever tools are accessible. Well then the same is true of kind of artist that emerges according to what tools are accessible to that person.
You are not living in African jungle, dont piss me off. YOU, and ME, we both have the access to the very same tools any artists has, in this case Cesar Zambelli. A PC we already got, get some sculpting software, ether pirate or buy, get anatomy resources which you can get on the web you are shit posting right now or in your local library, and you ready to make human studies.

I wont be comparing here cave paintings to a modern pc render image, but contemporary artist are sure as hell fair game to compare.
Also set for a medium you have access to, no pc? Just get a pen and paper.
>>
>>533624
>> If only a 3d artist had access to a welding machine and scrape metal perhaps the 3d artist could become the best scrape metal sculptor?
>No.
>One guy KNOWS how to weld, the other knows how to use a 3d package.
>And without generalizing most 3d modelers never worked manually in their life, welding is a hard ass fuck job, trust me as someone who did welding.

>>533624
>You are not living in African jungle, dont piss me off. YOU, and ME, we both have the access to the very same tools any artists has

Not me. I do not have the income to purchase the tools I need. Blender, has been extremely difficult for me to use. I cannot afford Zbrush, Cinema4d, the latest Photoshop, 3d Studio Max, or at least 2 to 3 stable system computers to handle it, but if I had I can assure you I'd be able to do more.
Since I'm rather old, and do not have college grants I can milk I must settle for whatever income I can maintain. So, from my experience tools limit what I can do.

With those same trial softwares I was able to use all of them to do what I wanted, but can't afford any of them. So I base my opinion on experience that I cannot fulfill my potential without the tools needed.

Also, welding requires some skill, but it is not impossible to learn. I have welded iron. It takes a steady hand. I didn't particularly care for it to stick with it.

Any person can learn any skill if they allow themselves the patience to learn. Blender was (is) a pain in the ass for me. I am being honest based on my own experience. Money, access to computers, and easy to use software (tools) makes the difference. This is not some magical feat but what I know to be true.
>>
>>533631
Dude, i live in poland. talk about a shithole.
And im right now siting in front of my 3 screen setup with 2 pcs fitted with 1070gtx.
Sure, that and my tablet and other crap probably is worth as much as a shitty small old car, but it is an investment.

And yeah, if you wnet to buy EVERYTHING, then fuck me, shit is a joke expense wise, but thats why most people just pirate the software.
In reality you could make do with blender and upgrade as you gain skills, you dont have to roll out marvelous designer zbrush and substance painter from day 1.

But 3d has just an higher entry cost than otehr art forms, to draw you only need a pencil, but getting both a pc and software will force you to save up some $, 800$ for zbrush in this case, but its only 400 $ for 3d coat. slap in a cheap intuos tablet and a hal decent pc and you could fit in 700$ overall.
And if you ask me its pretty cheap,tens time cheaper than professional tools for most manual labor jobs and curses to do multiple other jobs. Where i live 400$ is what you pay for driver license.
>>
>>533584
>Give me the tools, and I could do the same.

no, you couldn't. tools make things easier a lot of the time and raise the quality bar, but there's still skill involved. you're downplaying it because you don't like the unoriginal content

>Blender, has been extremely difficult for me to use.

because you lack the skill and the motivation to create the content you want to see with it. Blender is a perfectly capable tool nowadays - you can model, rig, animate in it. You can texture for free with Mari non-commercial. You can composite for free with Fusion, for the average hobbyist it is perfectly adequate. You can grade for free with Resolve. You may not be able to afford a top-end setup, but even with low income it's unlikely you can't afford something adequate with a small investment.

>With those same trial softwares I was able to use all of them to do what I wanted

I doubt it.
>>
>>533708
Seriously I hate blender. The sculpting tools are terrible. Nearly every procedure in blender requires five extra steps to do any one thing in zbrush, maya, or 3d studio max. Blender is free, but it is by no mean user friendly.
>>
>>533724
I'm not a blender user, I actually primarily use maya. I agree it doesn't seem adequate as a sculpting tool but for everything else it's honestly fine. People do good work with it. The reality though is that being able to use whatever tools you have and pick them up is part of the skill of the 3D artist; it is not a separate aspect like you make it out to be. If you think blender's hard, try learning houdini to an advanced level.

And if you really want to use maya, just use the educational version. Since you sound like a hobbyist you have nothing to worry about, even pros are not 100% legal most of the time.
>>
>>533724
blender user for almost 2 years here, here is my take on why learning it can be difficult.

>90% of the tutorials aim at beginners. only place where you can get masterclass/expert tutorials is at lynda or cgmasters
>only roughly 10% of the blender community is making top art which is something you can inspire from.
>muh cycles is occupying the community too much, its just a render engine. people should focus on making content.
>can't handle high level sculpting and big scenes because it does not have the memory optimization of max

despite all that the operations like modeling,uv unwrapping are very quick. with the keyboard shortcuts you are just breezing through it
>>
>>533163
lots of people in Germany can't find an art school to get into just ask my friend Adolf
>>
>>533512
i feel bad for him honestly
he should have won the artstation challenge easily.
not that others had bad lesser entiries, but 1st place was given to a badly made anime character that wasn't even shaded properly.

at least he got featured for a few weeks, but still sucks. his character was next gen compared to what got 1st place
>>
>>534021
yeah it sucks, but I talked to him about it and he's pretty chill about the whole thing. So it's all good.
>>
>>534021
what contest?
>>
>>534657
The journey challenge
>>
>>534737
What was the winner's entry?
>>
File: 2016-09-08 04_36_44.png (862KB, 1159x880px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-08 04_36_44.png
862KB, 1159x880px
>>534773
>>
>>534774
lol no shit of course the hot chick wins.
>>
File: Sad-Frog-Meme-Enough-14.jpg (21KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Frog-Meme-Enough-14.jpg
21KB, 600x630px
>>535677
>I'm extremely ugly

How do I make CG without having to show my face anywhere?
>>
>>534021
>>534774

Not gonna say anything about the politics / white-knighting, but if >>533512 was his entry, he should have composed a visually interesting scene

The model is really well done, but the image is genuinely boring to look at by virtue of composition
>>
>>533124
Thank Mr Thundercock
>>
>>536091
Your criticism is kind of dumb considering it's a turntable. And you should at least point out what is wrong about the composition.
>>
>>536091
Are you implying that the completely evenly blue background which blends together with the anime girls hair is better?
>>
>>532426

good, one decent artist over a board full of faggots

you should go to /g/ and try to find that one guy who is working for Google.
>>
>>534774

>completely not biased
>she won because she is good

kek
>>
looks more like a photo run through a filter
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.