[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3D Printing Job Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 3D printing.jpg (418KB, 1000x653px) Image search: [Google]
3D printing.jpg
418KB, 1000x653px
Hey peeps,

I'm a motion graphic artist and wanting to take my career to the next level and possibly generate income through bringing my art to life by 3d printing. I've been thinking for awhile about making 3d jewlerry/figures for people to wear or for home decor and was just wondering if anyone has experience from doing this and if it's possible to make a career out of it.
I've been modeling 3d for awhile now and was wandering if it's worth while opening a online store on artistic websites such as etsy and sell my creations? Also wandering if it is possible to print polished metal I want to work low budget so don't mind if it's silver or not I just want people to be able to afford my artwork but to also have the look of a almost mirrored silver.
Can anyone recommend me any good websites/companies that 3d print metals I'm also living in Australia at the moment if anyone knows of any companies in Australia that would be awesome aswell.
I have lots of ideas and would really like to turn my ideas into a possible future career
>>
you can try print a few examples and try to sell them on etsy or something like that

otherwise i suggest you learn some solidworks, maybe you could start printing replacement parts
>>
File: 3DPrint5643.webm (886KB, 1346x792px) Image search: [Google]
3DPrint5643.webm
886KB, 1346x792px
>>
Answered your /ic post
>>
>>532413
Are you making some kind of flesh light?
>>
File: gyroid_hex.jpg (89KB, 383x380px) Image search: [Google]
gyroid_hex.jpg
89KB, 383x380px
>>532379
>>if it's possible to make a career out of it.
Not today.
>>worth while opening a online store on artistic websites such as etsy and sell my creations?
No, but you can sell designs on Shapeways
>>Also wandering if it is possible to print polished metal
Yes, but really no. You can print metal, but it needs to be post processed to make it polished
>>low budget
oh ho-ho-ho no. 3D print is expensive, but sometimes it can be cheaper than other processes

>>websites/companies that 3d print metals
Shapeways. Try asking your local service bureau(company that provides 3d printing service), they may be cheaper than shapeways, but probably won't.

>>figures
So here's the deal. 3D printing industry is about to get shaken up. HP has a new process that can produce better color parts faster. They're still absolute crap compared mass produced anime figs, but they're not absolute crap compared to other color 3d printing processes.

It might even make it economically viable to make these sorts of figurines. But the truth is, there just isn't too much demand for color 3d printing like this. keep an eye on it though.

>>532413
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING! That part is very far from being watertight. You could break some 3d printers with that part.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.