[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My first Project with Maya

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: First.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
First.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I did that followed by a tutorial. I think i may do some more 3D modelling, what to do next. Can any1 recommend some websites or something for beginner?
>>
>>531832
That is actually pretty fucking sick the tutorial i have is from digital tutors and its fucking waste of my time, the dnd result sont even have as much complex shit as yours, please share the tut
>>
>>531858
>complex
lol

I would suggest replicating the things you've learned from that tutorial but in an original scene, and try not to refer back to the tutorial.
It's one thing to follow a tutorial, but completely useless if you didn't retain any information or have no creativity.
>>
>>531860
The digital tutors im doing is not even close to this, all im learning about is fuckigng edgeloops, and now people are telling me dont use edgeloops, wtf, seems like digitaltutors are some insiders to fuck people up instead of teaching them real quick methods and shortcuts
>>
>>532097
Wtf does "Don't use edgeloops" mean? An edgeloop is just an edge that loops around the model. They aren't something you 'use'; they're just a part of modelling. You'd have to try real fucking hard to avoid edgeloops in your mesh.
>>
>>532097
>>532104
In Subdivision Surface Modeling you use edge loops to define how round or sharp and edge is (after you applied SDS modificator).
This is one method where you definately need edge loops.
>>
great first project!
but better look at some NASA fotographs.
the earth (and especially the clouds) aren't that fucking bumpy
>>
>>532125
It's also not a sphere it's flat
>>
>>532097
Learning the basics is key, mainly not fun...but without the basics you're gonna have a bad time, as well as possible future collegues who have to deal with your shitty geometry. Doing 3D stuff isn't learnt in one day or done by pressing one button.
>>
>>532104
Yea but digital tutors use them a lot specially in Maya tuitorial which helps define a smoother edge when you "smoothshade" on
>>
Someone please help with symmetry ffs, this is driving me nuts, I turned symmetry on in the tools in Maya but when I select a vertex it doesnt correspond on other side ive tried all xyz, and nothing
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.