[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been trying to map this simple shape properly for 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: help.png (251KB, 1457x811px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
251KB, 1457x811px
I've been trying to map this simple shape properly for 3 goddamn hours and I can't do it. I'm losing hope and I'm starting to doubt my ability to do even the simplest of shit in 3D rendering.

How do I stop burnout from happening? I want to get better at this but it's really discouraging when I go look for tutorials or help and all I find are 5 hour tutorials for simple shit like texture mapping a goddamn hand.

It kills me knowing that even if I figure this out, I'm going to have to do the rest of it for the rest of the body, then actually produce the textures, which admittedly shouldn't take too long, then fucking rig everything which is probably going to take 15 hours of watching tutorials and then 100+ hours of fucking up and eventually getting something that almost works properly.
>>
standard sphere mapping that shit and call it a day
>>
Walk around for a few minutes, decompress, come back. Check out pelt mapping, and look up simple tutorials. Out of all the mistakes you think you're making, it's still a learning experience.
>>
>>531112
Dont give up. The problem is your thinking too far ahead, start slow. Its gonna take time. But once youve mastered these fundamentals, you'll never forget and its only going to get better.

Put some music on set aside some time and go at it
>>
>>531112
>Wants to create 3D images
>frustrated at the fact it takes a whole life dedication to get better
>impatiently doesn't understand that over a million hours worth of tutorials is still part of learning and part of the job.

You have to suck for a while in order to get better. You're creating something from nothing. And on top of that, that nothing consists of 1's and 0's. There's a reason why people get paid a lot of money for this shit. There's a reason credits list on movies and games are 10 minutes long. There's a lot of hands involved in all of these processes. You need to accept that for the next 5 years, you're gonna suck hard. 5 years after that, you might be making decent things but it's all a process and it all depends on your dedication. You already recognize burnout mode; Good. You're gonna burnout a lot. You're gonna give up a lot. You're gonna rationalize when you're at your lowest whether or not this is worth it and you wasted your time...This is still all good. Because it's all a test. Get used to the tests. Because it's what separates a great artist from the rest. Are you gonna give up at the drop of the hat? Are you gonna bitch on 4chan about your problems? Or are you gonna try and rise above and accept that this is a full time job in itself. It's your career. Get used to the pressures and troubleshoots. It comes with the territory of anything you choose in life.
>>
>>531112
Select all uvs, go to the tab tool in uv editor, and then use the smooth uv tool. That might help. Maybe its a different one from the list though. You should play with all tools though
>>
I can't believe nobody has point this out yet: You shouldn't be starting with a sphere. The only reason you're having any trouble with this is because you started with a sphere which has shit topology.

create a cube, add like 6-8 divisions to each side, deform > sculpt > scale up the sculpt deformer until the cube is spherical, delete history on the new quadsphere.
Place the quadsphere as close to center of mass of your original shape as you can get it, then scale it up so that it encompasses the entire original mesh, then use deform> shrinkwrap.
Now delete history on both objects, and you should have something close to your original mesh but made from quads with more even polys. You will probably need to add some more edge loops to match the shape better, but you can now easily add a few UV seams and unwrap with the click of a button.
>>
>>531582
>>531117
Any proffesional tutorial on texturing (for games)? I'm trying to create content for warframe but I need to first learn about texturing, the map requirements are 'Albedo/ Normals/ Metalness/ Roughness/ Emissive and tint masks
>>
unwrapping in Maya is nightmares.
>>
>>531799
If your a faget yes it is
>>
>>531112
What the fuck are you even trying to do? If you want the chess field to align perfectly, use cube projection. If you want to have good uvs you want a nontiling texture on, just get the seams right, then simply unwrap it and base your texture on your uv layout.
>>
>>531605
You have to suck for a while in order to get better.
while 100% true, kids nowadays CANT stand not having results "right away, in this moment, on my command". Thats why they fail.

>>531112
LSCM unwrap + literally one cut along edge will unwrap this for you. Im not sure how you achieve this, dont limit yourself to just one software if another one can do the task much better - it is common that you do some things in maya, some in 3d coat, some things in max, and some things in xnormal. Faster you learn this, fewer hours of your life will be wasted.
>>
>>531799

With the newly acquired Unfold3D it's actually one of the best
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.