[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Arnold killed Mental Ray. Any thoughts on that /3/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: FB_IMG_1469934651360.jpg (20KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1469934651360.jpg
20KB, 500x333px
So Arnold killed Mental Ray. Any thoughts on that /3/?
>>
>arnold
whats that ?
>>
>>531053
until it´s integrated into MAX as a faster, prettier render option, i won´t believe shit.
I SEE IT WHEN I BELIEVE IT.
>>
File: hnnng.webm (128KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
hnnng.webm
128KB, 720x720px
>>531055
Arnold has replaced Mental Ray in Maya 2017 as the standard renderer. I've never used it but apparently it going to become the next industry norm when it comes to Maya
>>
>>531063
>Arnold has replaced Mental Ray in Maya 2017 as the standard renderer.
by whom ? There are dozens of movies made with Mentalray and arnold is a cheap piece of shit nobody uses.
Who are you trying to fool LMAO
>>
>>531064
>by whom ?
Autodesk, you dumb fuck, who else?
Maya's default renderer is now Arnold.
>>
File: 1458749278767.png (179KB, 311x309px) Image search: [Google]
1458749278767.png
179KB, 311x309px
>>531064
By Autodesk, you cunt. Note the words "Maya 2017"?
>>
>>531064
>cheap piece of shit nobody uses.
Yes, except Sony Pictures Animation, Psyop, Digic Pictures, The Mill, Glassworks, Psyop and Mikros Image to name a few.
But sure, you could probably render the CG in Gravity in half the time in Mental Ray with much superior result, right?
>>
>>531105
>blablabla some retarded names that nobody cares about

Mental Ray is used in :

TRON: Legacy
Spider-Man 3
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
The Hulk
Poseidon
The Day After Tomorrow
Blade
Matrix
IronMan
Fight Club
etc...

Please do let me know the amazing uses of arnold in the high budget film industry
>>
>>531106
Gravity
Captain America
Thor
The Avengers
The amazing Spiderman
Men in Black 3
Star Trek Into Darkness
Pacific Rim
Elysium
Guardians of the Galaxy
>>
>>531053
Oh and Mental Ray isn't dead. It just isn't the standard Autodesk renderer anymore.
You won't get licenses for cheap anymore.
Mental Ray is now in the same position as Vray, Octane, Redshift, Renderman, Thea, Indigo and Arnold.
If you want to really work with Arnold professionally you most likely will have to buy additional licenses. That makes them all quite equal in my eyes.
>>
>>531106
Notice how they're relatively older movies? Arnold is pretty much the defacto renderer in the movie industry nowadays, just check out their gallery.
>>
>>531053
my I 7 died and I'm stuck with intel q9550 and it can kinda do stuff.. but the big big shit I discovered yesterday :'(... I intalled maya 2017, gone through interface and new things and I'm very very pleased of what has changed and added !!! this is an awesome relese IMHO and big improvment, but as it happens arnold does not support my CPU :'( and there is only mental ray demo for 2017 and I know 0 mental ray (((
>>
>>531106
>Mental Ray is used in :
can you post motion pictures made in the last 60 months besides T:L, it would help your argument here
>>
>>531175
>Octane
The people I know who render in it spend most of their time in chat talking about waiting for their perfect graphics card to come down in price enough that they could afford it.

This is my roundabout way of saying "I have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm just trying to fit in here."
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.