[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm currently rendering a big project in 3DS Max 2016, using

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: iray-logo[1].png (10KB, 277x134px) Image search: [Google]
iray-logo[1].png
10KB, 277x134px
I'm currently rendering a big project in 3DS Max 2016, using iray, currently at frame 647 or 901.
Now I have to move my laptop somewhere else.
If I pause the rendering using the "pause" button then put it to hibernate, will it mess up my render?
>>
Additional info:
Rendering to an .avi file, encoded with DV.
Resolution 1920x1080.
Iterations, 250
Rendering with Proxies

Now, I know that there's a "skip rendered images" feature, but I don't know if it works for AVI files. If it does, I could probably cancel rendering and continue later, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>530587
>IRAY
>Laptop
Post a frame of your work, the best one.
After we laugh at you, redo everything in Mental Ray, using a decent desktop.
Windows hibernation sometimes simply turns off MAX, or any other app it was running.
If you didn´t saved your project prior to render, you lost it. Turn off your render NOW and save your project, write down what frame it was and re-render de sequence from that frame.
This is why you don´t render directly to AVI, but to still image format sequences.
>>
>>530592
I'm not really good at modeling yet, but here goes.

I don't have a desktop nor have access to one, this laptop's my only way out (other than render farms).

And I had saved the .max files every change or so, then before rendering, so that won't be much of an issue.

Also, how do I render to sequence? Same as rendering to avi, in save to file then selecting image file or something?
>>
>>530596
I have seen worse.
Instead of AVI, select a format like JPG, PNG, TIFF, TGA, etc. JPG for compression, PNG if you´re going to make advanced compositions later (it saves alpha).
Autodesk doesn´t even consider adding output formats like wmv or mp4 because everyone renders still sequences to compose later into avi or mpg, divix stuff, etc. Your newbiness is showing with your AVI choice.
You´ll have a large sequence of images like: Finalscene_0000 to Finalscene_6758, etc.
Normally you put then together in After Effects, but you can also use 3ds max´s VIDEO POST (rendering/Video Post) to composite to a final AVI. Remember that the still image sequence eats up a lot of disk space.
>>
>>530596
So you're racist then? Super.
>>
>>530592
>Windows hibernation sometimes simply turns off MAX, or any other app it was running.
sounds like you might need to take your computer to a hardware store, that only happens when your computer crashes while hibernating
>>
>>530596
>>>/pol/
>>
>>530596
>>530692
>>532197
/pol/ will rise and conquer all boards
>>
>>530588
>Rendering to an .avi file
how new.ru
>>
>>530692
>>532197
>>532215
What's so racist about chess?
>>
>>530610
>JPG for compression
No. Do not put your output through lossy compression, ever, and especially not jpeg. Your ultimate video output will likely use a lossy form of compression anyway, and you want to be able to control your RGB -> YCbCr conversion yourself.

Render to BMP for maximum speed (no matter how trivial PNG compression and decompression might be), then composite the frames together with whatever, and encode with x264 / ffmpeg.
>>
>>532261
>black vs white
it's a meme brosefsky
>>
>>532269
That reminds me, I forgot to colour in the black chess pieces. Well, too late for that now...
>>
>>532271
Now you get it, you fucking racist. Fix it or go back to pol.
>>
File: d6f.jpg (29KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
d6f.jpg
29KB, 600x579px
Actual 3d professional here.

Render to 16 or 32 bit exrs or dont render at all.

If you render .avis, you should learn why thats a bad thing to do. Compression and stopping a rendering kills all the frames that rendered before.

Never make videos from any 3d apps. Always render to image sequence and then composite/edit the frames together in a compositor like nuke, or afx, or shake (if you have no self respect).

If you know how, render each light as its own seperate pass, then later you composite all the passes together and you can control each light's intensity and color in the compositor.

It's 2016, c'mon guys....
>>
>>530592

I learned the lesson by myself tonight. 34 hour of rendering a .mov and the pc shutdown due to voltage drop. I restarted the render this morning saving each frame separatly. :I
>>
>>532980
>saving each frame separatly
Bait?
BATCH RENDER FRAMES.
>>
>>532980

This>>533403
I hope you meant batch render and not literally rendering one frame at a time.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.