[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /3/, animation student here and I have a question for you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: received_10206511478799152.jpg (19KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
received_10206511478799152.jpg
19KB, 600x640px
Hey /3/, animation student here and I have a question for you all, not just animators.
I have my deadline for my 6 months long final project coming up soon but I can't seem to focus or concentrate on my work and then get distressed.
What do you do (at work, at home, or otherwise) to get back into the groove.
>>
Listen to a podcast or something while working?
I'm the kind of person who can't really work on something creative without some background talking.
>>
>>529952
Do you have any you could recommend?
>>
Working alone is the worst.... Same problem here, when i was living and working with my friends i was making huge progress, but now am home and working alone on my demoreel and its like i have totally lost my motivation and creativity... Fucking hell...
>>
Start working without caring about the end result.

Invariably, putting in consistent hard work will pay off. Get in a comfortable steady pace and don't give a shit.
>>
>>529945
There are some co-working spaces you can try, depending on your area. Pay for a desk for a week and progress a lot.
>>
Lol, you go to SVA.
>>
Go for a walk and think things through. Try to think of the logical next step. Take that step when you get back. This usually provides enough momentum to get me started.
>>
>>529945

Pls don't take people advice to work with someone else. The worst mistake you can make it put your fate into other peoples hand.

Set a schedule and just work. Pick an easy project that you can add stuff to.

Do not wait for magic to happen. Do not wait for someone to help you. Do not wait, start now.

Put what you have learned to practice.
>>
>I have my deadline for my 6 months long final project coming up soon but I can't seem to focus or concentrate on my work and then get distressed.

its just a school project, it don't even matter.
just keep looking at other professional animation and gather some inspiration.

also you would also have to do work in the future, for money. imagine that!
>>
Listening to podcasts and working with other people are distractions.

Listening to podcasts requires attention, because someone is speaking and a part of you is trying to listen and understand what this person is saying, which disrupts your thought processes. It can be ok if you do really basic work which does not require important creative decisions.
Working with someone else also distracts, though it can be good to have someone to bounce ideas off and to ask advice.

what you need

- a sense of accomplishment, to give your brain a much needed endorfin boost. So break down your work into small tasks that can be finished in no more than a day or two, to have that regular confidence boost.
- a sense of purpose. So you need to feel really excited about your project. Maybe you don't. In that case, inject your project with something you can feel excited about. A creative or technical challenge that offers you a learning opportunity so that, even when you do boring or repetitive work, you know you are getting something out of it, not just going through the motions to get it finished.
- an undisturbed thought process. Like bad sleep, constant interruptions to your thoughts keep you on the surface. Your ideas, solutions and work stay shallow because your thought process is interrupted every time before you have a change to really think things through.

and

- when you have problems starting something, start small. Very small. Psychologically the barrier is very low in that case, so it's easy to actually do it, and since it was fast to do, you have quickly that boost of accomplishment that makes you feel excitied to continue.
- do not look to much and long at other people's work for inspiration. Soon, you'll do nothing but inspiration gathering and your project lies abandoned. Look at some nice work, copy what you like in some colour sketches, and put the inspiration away. Then, start working from your sketches. Or else you'll never do anything nor find your own voice.
>>
>>530297

I think actually you should be more strict with achieving a sense of accomplishment. Basically, every night you should go to bed thinking 'Damn, I finished something really nice today. I can't wait to do the same tomorrow.'
>>
>>530290
(OP here) I totally understand what you mean, but in a few week, we're showing a cut of our bests shots from the project to people from the industry and the whole concept has been freaking me out.
>>
>>530297
>>530299
(OP here) All of this is very interesting. I'll take note. Thanks very much
>>
i do nothing for a few hours to clear my head not taking a nap not cleaning wathing tv radio or looking at "dank meems" not browsing sites to get "inspired" not playing video games to get "inspired" i just sit in a clean room and wait.
>>
>>529953
Rebel Taxi Pizza Party Podcast

Blender Institute Podcast
>>
>>529952
I'm exactly the same. I'll put on anything, from comedy, to a political discussion/debate, to an entertainment podcast. Anything but silence or music.
>>
>>529952
>>532106
what the fuck ??
If you cant model without some shit in the background I would rethink my hobby / job.
I guess some music is good but actually its only distracting to some degree.

The only thing I am watching is youtube tutorials on my secondary monitor Ipad, or maybe once in a while music until the ads come in Spotify.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.