[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im using solidworks trying to cut this model into a bladed edge,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: how do i cut edge.png (133KB, 1089x571px) Image search: [Google]
how do i cut edge.png
133KB, 1089x571px
Im using solidworks trying to cut this model into a bladed edge, Im trying to use lofted cut to capture the curved contours in the cut. Keep on getting errors no matter how I mix and match the guided curves and the profiles.

Any ideas?
>>
It's probably because the chamfer will go through the square hole

Try to insert the chamfer on the tree before the hole. As long as the hole doesn't use anything as reference you should be fine
>>
>>529401
-why lofted cut?
-why not just chamfer or swept cut?
- sometimes the problem happens on edges (zero thickness geometry or something like that) Try making those triangles, that you are trying to cut out, bigger. Make the edges go over the edges of stock part. But than be careful how you put those guide curves.
- another option: Cut the whole edge off and then make Lofted bose/base of the shape you want.
>>
The problem is your profile; you have the triangle as a profile and a line going out of it, which is also a profile, remove it and use only one guide curve.
Better if you "convert entity" (over a 3D sketch) your most external edge and you use it as a guide curve.
But as I see you could use also chamfer
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.