[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dynamesh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: hand.gif (279KB, 1124x838px) Image search: [Google]
hand.gif
279KB, 1124x838px
I like sculpting in DynaMesh but I keep having an issue with it.
As you can sort of see in the GIF, the Dynamesh fucks up the topology a bit, but it also fills up the space between the fingers a bit making them shorter, which forces you to keep fixing them.
This problem becomes much bigger if you have fingers even closer together, where it sometimes even welds them together.
What do you guys do to get around this problem?
I tried messing around with the masks but then it starts creating separate poly groups and it can fuck up the poly count if you increase the Dynamesh during modeling. In all it becomes a big headache to fix back.
Surprisingly the ZRemesher does a good job in fixing it back.

tl.dr.
Is there a simpler way to stop Dynamesh welding your fingers together?
>>
leave the fingers for last. then up the resolution and use snakehook + dyna mesh to stop the welding
>>
ok i'll try that
can anyone just tell me which brush is used to un-weld/cut fingers and mouth apart, so i can look up the tutorial for it?
>>
>>528796

DESU at that stage you should be remeshing. It looks like you have all the topology you need. Dynamesh is only for concepting and blocking out.
>>
>>528796
Fuck fingers and clipping geo mate
just focus on form, nobody will care if your fingers are melded together if the piece works as a whole
and you have to retopo anyway to do anything with it so just leave fingers for last
just put the hands ina again, dyamesh at very high res, and then do a automatic retopo into detail projection if you want to preserve them
>>
>>528796
>Is there a simpler way to stop Dynamesh welding your fingers together?

Study how dynamesh works. There is but you can figure that out for yourself now cant you champ?

[spoiler]It has something to do with scale, Dynamesh resolution and how close the models parts are[/spoiler]
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.