[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I'm learning to model and i need to practice,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: What do i model.jpg (410KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
What do i model.jpg
410KB, 2000x1000px
Hey guys, I'm learning to model and i need to practice, but nothing comes to mind...
would you guys help me?

Let's make it into a game.
you give me some ideas and i will do it and post it here.

but remenber i'm just starting, so nothing too complicated.

Let the games begin...
>>
>>527321
> 3d modelling
> not complicated
pick one.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (114KB, 1039x609px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
114KB, 1039x609px
>>527321
If character design, model humans.
If objects, model vehicles and guns.
If you're not committed to finishing vehicles and guns then just model power tools or something.
>>
>>527322
ikr
but what i ment is to not tell me to do a mech, or a complicated scene or anything crazy like that

just some ordinary objects is fine
>>
>>527321

A teapot.
>>
start gradually, first a cup of coffee, then a teapot, then a screwdriver, then someting like 1911 pistol
>>
Don't model from photos, model from life (objects in front of you on your desk).
>>
File: untitled3.png (452KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
untitled3.png
452KB, 500x500px
OP here
just made this
it took me about 3hrs 30min :(

>>527351
>>527353
thx, will follow
>>
Ignore the moron that said don't model from images, not that the other part was awful. Using photos as reference is a huge part of 3d modeling because it teaches you how to interpret shapes very well, assuming you don't just rush in.

Don't really know of what you could model for practice, but I'd say go with what you enjoy. You may or may not get bored of it, but what you do within those times will often stuck with you.
>>
File: 1439456686078.jpg (28KB, 464x464px) Image search: [Google]
1439456686078.jpg
28KB, 464x464px
>>527384
>Ignore the moron that said don't model from images, not that the other part was awful. Using photos as reference is a huge part of 3d modeling
you cant model from 2 dimensions and expect to git gud. You could model from 3 dimensions with a vr setup, however. Its the same with drawing - you dont draw from an image and expect to git gud, no matter how many angles you have.

Everyone knows that. /Ic/ even knows that.
>>
File: Capture.png (475KB, 683x536px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
475KB, 683x536px
Nah, using still images is an impressive ass way to learn how to interpret shapes, because it forces you to constantly think why is so and so part darker/lighter than the other parts? Is it higher, further, or lower?

Though I gotta admit, it's not much on it's own, because you'd have no way of knowing if you got it right, or wrong without a 3d view to confirm your thoughts of it's shape were correct.
>>
File: Capture.png (60KB, 157x217px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
60KB, 157x217px
Ah, and it should be noted I'm not saying the still images will make you "git gud" at 3d modeling itself, just that it allows you to get accustomed to still images(obviously).

Which is pretty major considering if you're turning something 2 dimensional odds are you're gonna be using a still image(s).
>>
>>527398
i think you are making a big deal out of ref images.
even pro artists have other artists on payroll to make ref for them, then whats the problem with pulling an image from google and start modeling
>>
There's no problem at all with pulling a ref off of google or wherever, that's not where my conflict was directed. It was directed at someone flatly saying drop still images.
>>
>>527356
The modeling aspect shouldnt take more than 30 minutes. Its just a cylinder and handle, unless you took a while setting up the lighting (I seriously don't know how long that shit takes, I work in potatoshop and game engines)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.