[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /3/ I was wondering if someone could orient me on how to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: Capture.png (181KB, 1296x713px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
181KB, 1296x713px
Hey /3/
I was wondering if someone could orient me on how to finish this surface
Im using Rhino5
the problem is, i can't use curve network because the peace divides in 3
if using patch it just wont respect the curves how i would like
if using curve network on each of the 3 parts i am left with a ''triangle'' where they join, and then again patch just goes all crazy
anyway, thank you
>>
>>526809
if you were using geo this would be done
>>
>>526812
software? plugin?
sorry never heard of it and cant find anything
>>
>>526813
geometry
>>
can you post the result when you apply curve network ?
>>
File: network.png (9KB, 763x478px) Image search: [Google]
network.png
9KB, 763x478px
as far as im aware curve network requires a roughly rectangular arrangement of curve to function properly.

try this arrangement of curves to see if it works. you might need to get rid of that curve that crosses over and starts in the same place as the other, marked as purple dash. yellow are new curves to add. snap to the mid points of your existing purple arcs to get a good result
>>
File: Capture.png (147KB, 1291x699px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
147KB, 1291x699px
>>526833
thanks, it kinda worked but still not getting the smooth surface where the 3 places connect, but it def got better, anyway, this is what i actually need go get to
>>
File: WhatsApp-Image-20160618.jpg (11KB, 320x285px) Image search: [Google]
WhatsApp-Image-20160618.jpg
11KB, 320x285px
oh and here is what i must get to
>>
In maya id use some combination of Birails for that. If you have maya could just export those curves and do it there really quickly
>>
File: MedialAxisPuffingA[1].jpg (209KB, 693x721px) Image search: [Google]
MedialAxisPuffingA[1].jpg
209KB, 693x721px
If you know how to use grasshopper you could use the method this guy has developed. Not sure how much control you get over the amount of curvature though. Scroll down through the whole thread and get the best version, as his first couple of tries have a couple of bugs.

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/puffing-of-flat-surfaces-with-holes
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.