[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

on a scale from 0 to 10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: 1465178089392.jpg (688KB, 3281x2424px) Image search: [Google]
1465178089392.jpg
688KB, 3281x2424px
how happy does working on 3D models make you?

also, how long have you been doing this by now?
>>
>>526452
around 8 months
gotta point out it's just a hobby for me, tried 3d animation as well, but it feels boring, good results take too much practice and time.
>>
>>526452
>>
0, I want to die every time
>>
>>526452

2 at work. 9 at home
>>
>>526452
happyness 6
have been studying cg for 2 years
>>
4-7 depending on how I'm feeling it.

Some days I don't even want to touch it.

Others, I'll fuck myself over and skip school projects just to work on personal ones. Just because I'm itching to get it done.

I'm not looking to make a living out of it, but it's a consistent thing that I can lose time in and not be depressed all day.
I reach that zone where you just get shit done and are flying all over the place. It's therapeutic.
I feel like if I ever made a job out of it, I'd hate it.
>>
if 0 is absolute hate and 5 is average/indifferent, then about 6 or 7
the process is mostly tedious, so i get more pleasure from planning, texturing, or seeing the final project
although there are times, during modeling, where i get excited thinking about what i'm going to animate with the model

i've been doing 3d stuff, as a hobby, for 5 years now
>>
>>526452

5 years.

Starting a project 0
Ending a project 5
>>
starting a project - 8
working through the mid-stages of a project - 3
when it's done - 5

the beginning is always the most fun for me. i tend to crave instant satisfaction and most of the time i don't "finish" a model so much as i got to a point where it's done and working on it anymore won't have any gain
>>
>>526504
forgot how long: probably about 5 years on and off
>>
>>526452

Am I happy working on 3D models. I have zero emotions at all. So I have to answer N/A.

About a year and 5 months, I first started out with bad habits like not studying anatomy. Now I have a semi decent level of anatomy so will start to create characters soon. Probably going to do low poly characters and environments with the workflow of Modo, Zbrush and 3D Coat for painting.
>>
File: 1430492003625.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1430492003625.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>526508
>I have zero emotions at all. So I have to answer N/A.
>>
>>526509

Atheist ruled by logic and reason.

Religious fag ruled by chemicals in your brain and bad logic + fallacies.
>>
File: 1466116460393.jpg (55KB, 498x556px) Image search: [Google]
1466116460393.jpg
55KB, 498x556px
>>526511
>>
>>526511
everything is just chemicals loser
>>
4 years
>>
>>526455
>too much time
Good thing you said its just a hobby, or i would asked you drink some beach. The great masters spend decades to perfect the principles. All animators of today have to do is learn and practice for a few years and with some talent we get to make amazing stuff.
GOOD THINGS TAKE TIME. TIME IS ONE OF THE MAIN INGREDIENTS.
>>
arquitectural modelling 9
character modelling 3
>>
>>526452
>how happy does working on 3D models make you?

Can't say it makes me happy. But it preoccupies my mind and let me focus on something drowning out all the buzz and troubles of day to day life. Modeling isn't happiness, but for me it is serenity.

>also, how long have you been doing this by now?

around 17 years.
>>
>>526520
is wanting to impregnate a cute anime girl also chemicals?
>>
>>526959
ye
>>
9 on good days, 4 when I'm stuck on something

5 years, but little practice since it was spread out so much.

also nice op image, have some vintage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eedXpclrKCc
>>
8 on enjoyment. Been doing it for 10 years now. Started in high school as a hobby. Been doing it professionally as a full time emploee at a studio for 3 years now.
>>
>>526452
8 while modelling
10 while texturing
2 while rigging
6 while animating
i fucking hate weight painting
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.png (214KB, 472x357px) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WAKE UP.png
214KB, 472x357px
>>526452
I would say that the industry wide adoption of this new sculpting centered workflow has noticeably lowered my enjoyment in 3D modeling.
>>
8, i love modeling but sometimes it can get annoying.

if there is something i don't like is unwrapping entire scenes,houses.
its like you want to get to the texturing already but you have to unwrap, and if you use auto unwrap you will get fucked when painting
>>
>>526452

Please end me.
>>
9 for modeling, I can do that shit all day, as long as I can wrap my head around what I'm shaping out. About 7 for sculpting, 3 for rigging and animating. Texturing is just a real weak spot for me, though I don't hate it.
>>
About 2 years for me, and usually puts me at a 6 or 7.

Then there's when I somehow manage to fix something that broke somewhere along the line and it feels like cocaine. Nothing but pleasure.
>>
>>526452
Depends on what I'm planning to use the model for but usually around 5-7.

On and off for 13 years or so.

Started with maps, props and vehicles for Halo Custom Edition.
>>
>>526452
Working on my own personal projects:
Finished work - 9
Mid project - 6
Starting - 3

Never worked professionally, but don't think I would like it.
>>
9 straight years workign for various studios, tv, commercials, movies, no games yet.

1, im dead inside. I make almost 6 figures now at least.
>>
7/8 when i have a clear objective

1 when im lost, struggling to solve a problem and afraid
>>
3 years
When working in Blender I'm at a 9 happiness
when working in maya im at a 1 happiness.
>>
>>526452
OP whats the source of this picture?
>>
I absolute love making 3D models, definitely 9/10, however, I suck at it. I can't get to grips with modelling characters, I can't righ characters and I can't prepare blue prints properly. But when things do work out, it's the best feeling ever :P
>>
>>526512
Fuck you anon :(
>>
If I have someone elses concept 11/10
If I have to make the concept myself before proceeding to model it 1/10

2.5 years
>>
>>529589
bumpie
>>
>>526452
used to be 7/8.

Getting caught up in a project where I pretty much have no input killed it a bit for me. Nowadays I can't do squat due to me craving instant satisfaction too much
>>
10/10 when finally reach the zone. i can model for 16+ hours non stop.

-2/10 the rest of the time when i procrastinate for weeks before the next model
>>
>>526511
>atheist ruled by logic
>doesn't admit that nihilism is the most honest view of life if your're an atheist

fuck of with your ''muh life is what you make of it'' bullshit
>>
0 if I run into issues
10 if everything goes smoothly

music and chatting helps.
>>
>>526512
don't do this, mustard gas
>>
>>529666
Stop being a nignog
>>
>>526452
Only sculpting makes me (8) happy. Once I have to get to the retoppo phase that drops to 5. When I get down to maya that goes to 2. If I ever get far enough to do UV's that rapidly puts me into negative numbers.
>>
>>526452
Just started
>>
>>530991

You're going to be a 10, crash into a 1-2 and steadily go up from there.
>>
>>526452
Around a 6, I prefer painting but do 3D just for versatility in small gamedev teams.
4 years.
>>
>>531005
I hope this is true because Ive accepted its going to be hell forever. Im trying to crunch 40 hours in a week at the entry level and its soul sucking. I just dont feel alive right now. Working on videos and special fx is a solid 10 for me, sometimes I get pounding heart beat type shit when Im working on pure gold content. But so far the 3d business is a slow and boring process.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.