[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here happy this is the current state of character art in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 13

File: 1465912917324.jpg (143KB, 1440x812px) Image search: [Google]
1465912917324.jpg
143KB, 1440x812px
Who here happy this is the current state of character art in games. I used to agonize over making the most perfect Barbara Palvin lookalikes. I just get a basemesh now and some tumblrista gives me instructions on how to make it more gender fluid until we get something like melted Patton Oswalt.

Set alpha 23 to spray crank up the specular on the texture and I'm done. Go home take my joy and it's off to work again for another wacky adventure. Praise Anita.
>>
wat chu talkin bout fgt
>>
i was happy with gameart in 2008

anything else is bloat to me
>>
>>526153
The fuck is that pic?? If its an asari then why is it male in features...they are supposed to be female....fuck tumblr
>>
>>526192
Remember that elf from dragon age with downs syndrome? Perhaps Bioware has just employed a character artist with a really fucked up sense of aesthetics.
>>
File: tracer_ots.0[1].jpg (63KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tracer_ots.0[1].jpg
63KB, 800x800px
> Who here happy this is the current state of character art in games
We all are :^)
>>
>>526205
actually

it was a design choice

as is this

we, i mean they, are told our goals and we i mean they follow them or we i mean they are fired
>>
File: latest[1].png (767KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
767KB, 1280x720px
>>526212
> as is
>>
>>526213
That is grammatically correct and makes perfect sense. Are you retarded?
>>
File: tumblr_m8694roPix1qekx3a[1].jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8694roPix1qekx3a[1].jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>526219
> as is
>>
>>526212
Its not a design choice it called doing it wrong
>>
File: mASS effect.jpg (105KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
mASS effect.jpg
105KB, 1024x576px
>>526212
>it was a design choice

Butt surely mASS effect will deliver tho? They just made a token transgender char of a minor character
and even picked an all female assari so fans knows it's not really a transgender alien but just some
poor butt-fuck ugly assari that happens to look like a man.
>>
>>526257
>posting most shit tier waifu
>>
File: godse.jpg (9KB, 345x243px) Image search: [Google]
godse.jpg
9KB, 345x243px
>>526259
>hurr durr I can only fap to Urdnot Wrex.

If you wanna pretend like Miri's butt isn't a phenomena I implore you to stare deeply into this image of the goatze nebula
>>
>>526261

have you ever seen her face?

>hurr durr I don't care if she's a man
>>
>>526279
Yvonne Strahovski? Only feature on her face that could vaguely be interpreted as a male one is her wide mandible, but many beauty faces have that same feature for example Olivia Wilde or Angelina Jolie.

You've probably just fapped to much to convex animu faces to remember what a real human women looks like anon.
>>
File: mirisari.jpg (645KB, 950x1608px) Image search: [Google]
mirisari.jpg
645KB, 950x1608px
>>526299
>>526279

To highlight how unfair it is to call Miri's face manface I've stolen the ratios from her face actress and put them on Op's asari for compare. Especially the blended versions looks extremely feminine.
>>
>>526301
>thick, protruding jaw
>wide protruding chin
>wide face / forehead / glabella / spaced eyebrows
>deep eye sockets, heavy lids, heavy laugh lines
>forehead wrinkles
>narrow upper lip

Nothing about this asari is feminine in appearance. It is objectively masculine in almost every aspect.
Asari are all female. They have no male hormone. They are obviously modelled off a human appearance and share the same features, so it follows that they should have only feminine features.
Samara was a perfect example of a "strong" female appearance. This character is just a muddied potato/moon faced retard.
>>
File: 81bm0ov+kTL._UX250_[1].jpg (16KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
81bm0ov+kTL._UX250_[1].jpg
16KB, 250x333px
>>526303
as OP said, it looks more like this wierd little shit called patton oswald.
>>
>>526301
Well her face actress outright looks like a man in drag. And I wouldn't be surprised if that were actually the case, since she looks west european.

>>526303
To add to this
>high, strong cheek bones
>well defined angles on the jawline
>pronounced nose bridge
>low fat between cheekbone and jawbone

It's a man.

>You've probably just fapped to much to convex animu faces to remember what a real human women looks like anon.
Most women don't look like Olivia Wilde or Angelina Jolie (who had plastic surgery). In fact, Olivia Wilde and Angelina Jolie are supposed to be exceptional, but they have strong masculine features as well. They come from an industry that expects people to think that midget troll-looking girl from Game of Thrones is supposed to look good, really.
>>
>>526153
That image is begging for a WE WUZ KANGS edit
>>
File: Kangs.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Kangs.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>526153
>>
>>526301
What the fuck did you do to that jaw? Apart from that it's an improvement.
>>
>>526212
I don't believe you work at Bioware. That's not how art direction works.
>>
>>526314
Well obv not, that anon is just some pissed of gamergate tard still butthurt over the Sarkeesian chick.
Who cares if some obscure LGTQXYZÅÄÖ~ type character sneakes into entertainment? Probably only trannies, nazis and people from russia.

> Muh videya isn't livin up to muh beauty sensibilities with each and every character baaaw!
> Muh videya is attempting to score cheap political points by normalizing abnormal life-styles baaaw!
> Muh uncalmed titties are spinning from muh rage baaw!
>>
>>526153
>b-but muh alien waifu
you fucking waifu animu lovers are the worst cancer on this industry
the model in op looks good, not everything has to be your round faced big eyed red lipped wank material
the fact you still menaged to mention anita in your post blows my mind

technically the model also looks good, what makes it somewhat meh is the overuse of post sss which just blurs every thing to shit, then again will be a while before we get real physically accurate sss in games so its unavoidable
also dunno if intentional it lacks eyelashesh, asari in last games did have them
>>
>>526349
slocik at his typical autism again.
Somebody beat you to the (ironically) retarded assumptions already faggot
>>526307
>You've probably just fapped to much to convex animu faces to remember what a real human women looks like anon.

Nobody, not one fucking person, has compared this to " round faced big eyed red lipped wank material "

Your average fucking female looks nothing like this androgynous monstrosity. maybe 1 in every few hundred thousand woman have a facial structure this masculine.

And as argued already, everything about the Asari goes against them looking like this.

The worst cancer on this industry are progressive apologists like you who force artists to make trash like this because it will help sway the PC audience.
>>
>>526371
>The worst cancer on this industry are progressive apologists like you who force artists to make trash like this because it will help sway the PC audience.

Why would the PC gaming master race be anymore forward thinking than console players? Seems it should be the otherway around since we PC players are less social.
And don't you mean the worst cancer 'in' this industry? Either way I don't think videogames are traditionaly very known for their conservative/rightwing values anon.
>>
>>526371
>>526375
Don't make it more complex than it actually is.
Don't imply intention when you should imply incompetence.
It was probably the same "character artist" who "designed" Sera or whatever that pig was named.
>>
>>526378
This was already suggested but dismissed earlier in thread.
>>
>>526301
>>526349
>>526301

I'm not surprised that most of /3/ can't recognize objectively male facial features. If you think the asari looks good then you are probably gay. Her cheekbones and jawline are 100% masculine. Even her face actress looks more feminine then this thing.

But by all means deflect this argument and talk about anime and cancer even when nobody mentioned that.

4Chan sure does love ad hominem
>>
File: Yvonne-Strahovski.jpg (509KB, 2238x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Yvonne-Strahovski.jpg
509KB, 2238x3000px
>>526387
Your reading comprehension needs work anon. Nobody except Slocik has implied that Op's asari isn't a male.
That was Miranda's face actress from ME2 and 3, not the face actress for Op's asari.
>>
>>526153

2016 No eyelashes.
>>
>>526375
>Why would the PC gaming master race be anymore forward thinking than console players?
I think he meant politically correct
>>
>>526212
whoever set the goals was either retarded or straight gay
>>
>>526394
Yes, this is what i meant. I guess context is just too hard for Some people.
>>
>>526153
The asari literally looks like it has downs syndrome.
>>
>>526375
Oh my fucking god, you turbo autist!
Pc audience he is talking about is Politicaly Correct audience. Google "PC bro"
>>
>>526153
this is not my beautiful spaceship
this is not my beautiful asari
>>
>>526375
>>
File: 1465934100646.jpg (323KB, 1440x812px) Image search: [Google]
1465934100646.jpg
323KB, 1440x812px
How did I do?
>>
>>527737

It's definitely an improvement.
>>
>>526349
I agree with the fucking waifu fags part, but if you are trying to come up with a female character with those facial characteristics and expect people to call it a female, then don't count on it.
>>
>>527737
Better, but it still has a giant chin and moon face.
>>
File: asarifix2.png (414KB, 982x555px) Image search: [Google]
asarifix2.png
414KB, 982x555px
>>
I don't understand why ugly characters is a thing. If I want to look at ugly fuckers I'll go outside or look in a mirror and not play a game.
>>
>>528116
definitely getting more feminine and pretty. is this a render or photoshop btw ?
>>
>>528122
its an in game render that has been Photoshoped to not be a man
>>
>>526153
Wait, so that's not something tumblr photoshopped to look male because men can be women too?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.