[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am making a forest like this in Blender (I have the trees yet)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

I am making a forest like this in Blender (I have the trees yet) so I need ideas of how to make the floor
>>
I sure hope you have a hell of a machine, OP because there will have to be a lot of displacement and particles goin on in that scene
>>
>>523877
Well I thought in make it more simple, like make the ground with a texture and leaves over it but i'm not sure at all about it
>>
>>523879
dont understand what u want man. u want it to look realistic? then yeah like that guy said u need displacement maps and badass pc. cos putting a texture on a plane with some leaves is gonna look like ur in world of warcraft
>>
>>523877
Surely thou doth jest? You'd do all that in post

>>523876
>so I need ideas of how to make the floor

Sculpt a plane
>>
File: andrewNonCRrc1.jpg (1MB, 2046x1798px) Image search: [Google]
andrewNonCRrc1.jpg
1MB, 2046x1798px
I made this one a long time ago. I think this scene took something like 18GB of ram but if you're smart you could proabably do in a quarter with bigger particle batches and less polys per particle. Plus there's not too many leaves going on in the op scene.
>>
>>523892
fuck me, can't tell if its cg
>>
Sculpt a plane but put lots of forest junk over it
>>
>>523892
Didn't this get used as a splash image a while back
>>
>>523876
If you want it to look fairly realistic without going full Hollywood you want to use a fairly dense ground terrain with all the major shapes you see there as actual geometry.
Then use deep normal mapping, parallax mapping or a tesselation shader to inexpensibly generate a sufficiently detailed ground texture of a forrest floor.

Not familiar with blenders shader capabilities, but those are the kind of technologies we have that can pull off what you propose.
>>
>>523916
How can you not immediately see the noise and artifacts?

Not denying it looks very good though.
>>
File: cooltext189055277706454.gif (159KB, 652x117px) Image search: [Google]
cooltext189055277706454.gif
159KB, 652x117px
hm
>>
>>523917
do that

>>523934
yeah. That was years ago on 2.5something. I do sex stuff now mostly
>>
>>523892
The big pebble like stones in bottom left corner and the unnatural grains ruines it, but the rest looks fucking amazing af.
>>
>>523892
What renderer did you use?
>>
>>526680
it was cycles. I think that render took like 15 hours on the cpu.
>>
>>526688
don't render on CPU
>>
>>526770
There was no choice back then. You either render on cpu or you were limited to your gpu's ram.
>>
>>526792
>Back then

Isn't that still the case now?
>>
>>526798
no and hasnt been for years
>>
>>526799
So then how come I still get messages containing about insufficient VRAM?

I thought when you do GPU rendering it only uses your VRAM.
>>
>>523892
So you're this guy:

http://www.blenderguru.com/competitions/new-blender-competition-photo-realism/#
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.