[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transitioning from Blender to 3ds Max

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Blender to 3ds Max.jpg (108KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Blender to 3ds Max.jpg
108KB, 1920x1080px
When I started to learn 3d modeling at age 15, I used Blender solely because it was the smallest download size and it would run on the shitty laptop I owned at the time. Now I'm 19 and I need to use 3ds Max for a Uni course.
I have found a couple of online resources that teach Blender to 3ds Max users, but I couldn't find any for the other way around. Does anyone here know of one? Or at least a 3ds Max tutorial that is more focused on teaching the program itself to 3d modelers? Every max tutorial I have found is either for complete 3d modeling beginners or Maya users.
>>
why not work with blender?
>>
>>523515
For most of my classes I can and do use Blender. But because the lectures insist that 3ds Max is an industry standard. For one specific class we HAVE to use 3ds Max. This is also because a subject the following semester requires us to only use Maya.
>>
>>523516
talk to your teacher about it.
i mean, are you animating or what?
>>
>>523517
>talk to your teacher about it
It's non-negotiable for that one class. If I could just use Blender and didn't need to learn 3ds Max, I wouldn't have made the thread anon.
>>
>>523518
well that's stupid, what can i say
you are pretty much fucked
>>
>>523519
What are you even talking about? I just need to learn how to efficiently use 3ds Max before next semester in July.

I made this thread because I'm looking for a tutorial that literally just teaches the software. Not one of the hundreds of 3ds Max tutorials for modeling beginers.
>>
>>523514
Picking up max is very straight forward. Inside max click "Help" and you are immediatly presented with complete 3ds max reference manual
as well as introductory 'Essential skills movies' 'How-to movies' and 'learning paths'.

Just go true the introduction movieas. If you already know blender well none of the concepts in 3D will be alien to you
and all you have to do is learn how to seek the reference for the max equivalent of what you wanna do.

The generally powerful RTFM approach is especially strong in max because it is a very well documented software.
>>
>>523521
Holy shit thank you. Honestly after relying on forums for open-source software and youtube tutorials for so long. I legitimately forgot that pay-to-use software has decent manuals.

Thanks anon!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.