[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, /3/, here's a job for you. This is basically a whoever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: ugly_headphones.jpg (587KB, 4000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
ugly_headphones.jpg
587KB, 4000x4000px
Ok, /3/, here's a job for you. This is basically a whoever wants to do it type of job. It's not really a job, just a quick modelling type of thing. Let's see who can design the best stainless steel headphones in 15 minutes, that's the rule, you have only 15 minutes, we don't need materials. Just model it as fast as you can, here's what I did in exactly 15 mins. I couldn't even mirror it properly, but it doesn't matter. It was a fun 15 minutes activity. Do you, anon, have the balls to do the same and post your results? Anyway, I'm a shitty modeler, so let's see what /3/ can do. You can work on the concept as long as you like, but the modelling part must be 15 minutes, there's no point in lying, this is a contest for yourself, not to prove to us that you're better. Let's go!
>>
File: ugly_headphones2.jpg (684KB, 4000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
ugly_headphones2.jpg
684KB, 4000x4000px
>>523506
>>
File: 2016-05-19 11_37_01.png (246KB, 1653x588px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-19 11_37_01.png
246KB, 1653x588px
15 minutes
>>
Op here, looks like /3/ is full of ballless fags.

>>523512
Nice.
>>
ayy
>>
File: hadpones.png (807KB, 745x717px) Image search: [Google]
hadpones.png
807KB, 745x717px
Best I could do in 15, render time not included.
>>
>>523537
cool, are the headphones supposed to rotate, or it just looks like that?

for the other people of /3/,
YOU FUCKING PUSSIES
>>
>>523545
they are supposed to rotate.

also calling /3/ bitches, pussies, ect. to make them do this challenge is retarded.
>>
>>523528
more like
1. can't be bothered
2. people who can't model for shit
>>
File: qhead.jpg (93KB, 1928x1048px) Image search: [Google]
qhead.jpg
93KB, 1928x1048px
>>523506
>>523528
>>523545
OP you do realise glacial melt is faster than /3/ right? Please allow 5 working days for the post to arrive.
>>
>>523560
i've seen it go very fast
>>
>>523587
that only happens during arguments, lurk more fagget.
>>
>anon trying desperately to get people to do his design work for him by berating them
Top kek
>>
File: Headphones.png (126KB, 744x821px) Image search: [Google]
Headphones.png
126KB, 744x821px
15 mins
>>
>>523602
C-come on fags do my homework
>>
File: 1234.jpg (30KB, 925x626px) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
30KB, 925x626px
sketchup 10mins
>>
was doing headphones before I came on to /3/
filled with dismay as I see the qualities
beginnerfag
literally flattened 2 UV spheres and added a curve
>>
>>523602
>design work
>doing anything proper in 15 minutes
just admit you're lazy, fag

>>523610
samefag or not, you're both autists

>>523607
very good

>>523560
op here, I like those ones the most right now, I don't know if its on purpose, but they have an original design, they remind me of a stethoscope, although I'm not sure the point where the tubes connect with the headphones is manufacturable from stainless steel.

>>523612
I'm not familiar with ketchup, but if its anything like sw, the arc is impressive for ten minutes.

So, see anons, you're that bad at modelling if you can come up with a passable model in 15 minutes. Maybe we should have those exercises weekly, share your opinions. I mean yes, we don't follow the dogma like other autism forums and force ourselves to do shit we ultimately will hate or will lose too much time into to care. But I think the 15 min model challenge once weekly has potential to it, maybe add 15 minutes of thinking about modelling the model before that, cause even though I'm happy with what you've put out, I don't think any of you got the concept of stainless steel headphones, except this guy >>523512
>>
>>523669
>although I'm not sure the point where the tubes connect with the headphones is manufacturable from stainless steel
Yeah when I modelled it I imagined it working as a sort of ball & socket joint to give the cans some movement.
>>
>>523669

I tried to start a sculpting challenge to improve skills in the last year and was told to fuck off.

Like most of the other boards on 4chan this place is filled with masochistic people wallowing in misery.

So good luck with that.
>>
>>523676
meh just do it anyway, you care what some anons think of you on an anon board?

if just one person replies with their cool original take on a design then i think its a success
>>
File: headphones.png (14KB, 522x401px) Image search: [Google]
headphones.png
14KB, 522x401px
managed to get the preview material to look chrome but idk how to get it to work on the headphones itself.
>>
>>523725
Normals are inverted, that's why it looks funky.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.