[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pic unrelated I'm looking for a career change. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Star Craft Battle Cruiser.jpg (71KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Star Craft Battle Cruiser.jpg
71KB, 800x600px
>pic unrelated

I'm looking for a career change. I'm a cinematographer. Award winning, better than many. But I am anti-social as fuck. I can't network to save my life, literally.

I was looking at 3D animation for a while. I've noticed 3D animation jobs tend to have clients come to you, rather than the other way around. I also wanted to do something design oriented. As a result, I was thinking about doing jewelry design. I used to do this a while ago for fun as prop preparations. I figured if I learned how to do that, get a 3D printer for wax molding, and hired out someone to make it, I could make a better living.

Does this sound plausible?

What software would you recommend for this? I'm new to 3D animation other than a little bit of C4D. I found "Matrix" but am not sure if that is some kind of plug-in for CAD or what.

Recommendations?
>>
>>521701

If you want to see if you like jewellery start by making wax then attach a feeder and cup then make a plaster cylinder around that and you can pour liquid silver in that. Then just melt it and start another one to save money. Way cheaper than any other way to do it. Can even make your own centrifuge if you want
>>
>>521701
>I'm a cinematographer. Award winning, better than many.
proof?
>>
for jewelry design, a lot of people use Rhinoceros, rhinoceros+zbrush, or rhinogold
>>
>>521701
If you want to design jewerly, you probably would want to sculpt it, real jewerly isn't made by machines. If you were to mold this after that, many programs will let you do that, even for gold/silver, etc.
>>
File: 17.jpg (61KB, 600x688px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
61KB, 600x688px
>>521701

work 4 hours 3 times in week in the call center as a balance to my 3d job. MORE SOCIABILITY cant be given. additionally its awesome place to find figures or characters for your monster sculpting.
>>
>>521750
Just go to a big shopping mall if you need inspiration for humanoid monsters.
>>
>>521705
No, I wish to remain anonymous on this site.

>>521704
I'll give that a shot first. I was thinking 3-D printing would be faster and give that commercial "ooooh aaaaah" factor for clients. Also, I'm not sure how skilled I'd be at jewelry since I'm stepping out of my boundaries. But I can at least give this a shot for fun and practice. I'll try this.

>>521721
Thanks. I was already looking at Zbrush so I'm happy I'm in the right area.

>>521740
I was hoping to have a jewel smith help me with this if I wasn't able to do it myself. And I would use the 3D printer to mold a wax model so I can create a dummy mold for the client. I also would like to keep all my molds for the clients as a guarantee of service for them in the event they lose it or damage it. I can do this digitally each time, I suppose, but in my experience, when a client touches something, they attach to it better. But yes, I will definitely have these made by hand once the design is finalized.
>>
>>521776
>Also, I'm not sure how skilled I'd be at jewelry since I'm stepping out of my boundaries. But I can at least give this a shot for fun and practice. I'll try this.

One question. Are you confident in doing CAD? Jewelry design requires accuracy down to the millimeter, you will need to know that and then some, I won't get into the other nuances as bezel types, stone shapes, sizes etc.

I'd suggest learning how to bench jewel alongside CAD. Personally it's a pain in the ass, but if you are new it will make you understand why certain designs need to be a certain way. After all the 3D printing, milling, casting it'll still go through several other peoples hands to finish it, hence being a bench jeweler as well gives you added job security.

I work in a jewelry company run by a luddite owner, so I can talk all the technical gibberish to so I can take my time and enjoy faking half the day. Most places you can't get away from that usually.
>>
>>521701
How do you get into cinematography? I'm interested in that. Like directing specifically.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.