[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cinema 4d thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: cinema 4d.png (81KB, 281x279px) Image search: [Google]
cinema 4d.png
81KB, 281x279px
cinema 4d thread
>>
More like cinema 4D dead.
>>
>>520551

C4D literally has the best interface of any of the major suites. If you learn a little xpresso sorcery and get Cactus Dan's plugins, you can pretty much do it all.
>>
Maxon is in a pretty fucked situation.
Their price is the same league as Maya, Max, but they are way behind the competition in pretty much all disciplines (except Motion graphics).
They had 2 weak releases back to back, a lot of trouble with customers over their render farm managing and licensing, most of the customer base is not amused.
The whole 3D world made fun about Maxon and their Cogwheel feature in R17.
If their next release does not deliver big time, they'll bleed and become >>520553

>>520554
Yeah it does have a great interface, but xpresso is old,lame and cumbersome, the interface of xpresso is the ugliest node system i've ever seen in a DCC.
Lets hope the core rewrite goes fast and they'll get up on their feet again.
>>
>>520585
Are there even any decent replacements for c4d on mac that can use vray? I've been on c4d for a little bit over a year and I've been pretty happy with it, I honestly don't get all the shit c4d gets thrown at it. I know maya is available. But I just don't see any major benefits from using it
>>
>>520553
They still use in tv. I just saw a new generic tv spot made with it last week.
But yeah, while it has the most user friendly interface out there, it doesn't really have anything else. Maybe Sketch and Toon.
They should do something with their in-buil render engine because it's look terrible compared to even some 2nd and 3rd tier software.
>>
>>520708
Its becoming a plugin-hub, nobody uses the build-in render for final images, not if you can take nearly every commercial 3rd party Renderer.
>>
>>520836
gave a try for the maya` internal
>>
>>520585
>2 weak releases back to back
r17 fixed tangents and made character animation not impossible in c4d.
I'm interested to see if anyone starts picking up on it, since while it's inferior to maya, it's not that bad of a software.
r17 does fuck with my openGL though, which is fantastic. I've never had this issue with any other versions before this one.
Modeling is impossible, but it may be a driver issue.

They really need to redefine what their program is the "best" at though instead of just trying to do everything.
Right now everything else does everything else better.
>>
>>520553
Still more alive than LightWave.
>>
Cinema 4D does have a new core already, which will be utilized for updates to XPresso and Bodypaint.

I think the future for C4D is bright, but Maxon certainly needs to make those upgrades sooner rather than later.

As an aside, C4D is the most stable creative suite I've used. The thing hardly ever crashes, which is one of the reasons they're taking their time with the updates (to ensure stability).
>>
File: Link to the Past Map Final.jpg (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Link to the Past Map Final.jpg
3MB, 2560x1600px
I have fun in C4D.
>>
File: Hall3.jpg (3MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Hall3.jpg
3MB, 2880x1800px
>>520966
Me too
>>
>>520955
We use Lightwave at work and I hate this shitty program with a passion. I wish it would die already.
>>
me anon need want this technique for make pictures me am wait kind answers you make
>>
>>520551
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyzjs0MRfz0
somthing i did in c4d a few years ago before i switched to maya
>>
File: trump-smiles.jpg (90KB, 470x246px) Image search: [Google]
trump-smiles.jpg
90KB, 470x246px
>>520967

Nice work, anon.
>>
File: 1386445160612.jpg (32KB, 428x510px) Image search: [Google]
1386445160612.jpg
32KB, 428x510px
>>520974
>go to lightwave's wikipedia page
>oh look, how many projects had been made with this program!
>list every Maya projects ever
>>
File: received_10206861921326274.jpg (64KB, 1958x1036px) Image search: [Google]
received_10206861921326274.jpg
64KB, 1958x1036px
>>520708
Rendered this yesterday in a couple mins, it's not great and nothing compared to what I could do in Maya which is my preference but still I think c4d gets underestimated.
>>
>>521063
By couple mins I mean it took a about 6 minutes to set up the scene and object and tex from scratch.
>>
File: received_10206864515071116.jpg (83KB, 1970x1042px) Image search: [Google]
received_10206864515071116.jpg
83KB, 1970x1042px
>>521017
Just made this in c4d with greyscale gorillas scene pack
>>
>>521063
>>521065
Add some more segments to the rings, I can see the angles. Unless you're going for that.
>>
>>521066
use hdri sky + mat reflections.. i have some mf links if you want.
>>
You know any good tutorial for toon shaders?
>>
>>521066
Did you model the monitor as well? How'd you do it?
>>
>>521111
I do want and thanks anon
The studio lighting was joke on my part "le tv media trump election" it was just for this thread.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.