[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you think that you're breddy gud yet you cant get past

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

If you think that you're breddy gud yet you cant get past the online application because you dont have AAA shipped titles does travelling to conventions become a gud option?
>>
post work
>>
>>519857
I wont. My work is not relevant here but its dank.
>>
do an art test
>>
>>519859
my work is danker than that
>>
>>519858
>My work is not relevant
its completely relevant but you are just shitposting.
>>
>>519863
I've gotten jobs from my work, just not good ones. Ones with european startups that in the end never release. Now when I try to apply for jobs near me say R* I never hear back ever, and almost everyone else within 3 states have closed shop or become 1 man shops.
>>
>>519864
Oh yeah I applied to one of those guitar hero or rockband studios because thats the only other AAA studio in my area and apparently they arent hiring anyone and they're doing very poorly in game sales
>>
>>519856

If you are so shit hot just become a freelancer.
>>
>>519875
i did for a few months like i said. Awful. Eurocuck teams that never released, always having to re negotiate pay, gay skype, nothing to put on my resume since nothing shipped.
>>
>>519856
Position requirements are just wishful thinking on the part of the employers. They want someone who's shipped AAA titles or has this degree or whatever, but at the end of the day they're going to hire the best person who applied

Maybe no one who's published is applying at this place. Maybe the ones who did are shit. Ultimately though the worst thing that can happen when you send a resume is they never get back to you. It's worth it to send the application and I know it's emotionally difficult when the ad has a laundry list of qualifications you don't have, but it's really worth it. Maybe you don't get THAT job but they like your portfolio enough to put you in at another position.
>>
>>519904
>Position requirements are just wishful thinking on the part of the employers. They want someone who's shipped AAA titles or has this degree or whatever, but at the end of the day they're going to hire the best person who applied
like i said, the only AAA that makes money within at least 200 miles is R* and I've already applied 2x - last year and the year before. I assume they already have enough people throughout the world working on gta 15. Harmonix makes no money and arent hiring. Is it worth it to save up to travel to a convention like GDC / e3 to show werk?
>>
>>519900

Did you try freelance companies like Art bully or liquid development. I started out cleaning up head sculpts and marvelous clothes when it wouldn't output quads. DESU I hate studios nothing but sniping, bullying and office politics.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.