[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /3/, what are good ways to learn to animate realistically?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: ezgif-3948287704.gif (499KB, 265x200px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-3948287704.gif
499KB, 265x200px
Hey /3/, what are good ways to learn to animate realistically? My school trained us mostly in the classic cartoony style, which im proficient in, but I just started at a game studio and am struggling to create realistic looking animation.
>>
motion capture suits and roto
>>
>>519535
Pretty much this. Motion capture and rotoscope if you want realism.
>>
>>519535
>>519544

We hand key everything, its not supposed to be flawlessly realistic but as close as we can get
>>
File: large_Diapositive14.png (313KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
large_Diapositive14.png
313KB, 1200x675px
>>519535
fuck off motion capture. Its too much money. the key to realistic animations is good walk cycle pictures or whatever
pic related
>>
File: 1408832128286.jpg (223KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1408832128286.jpg
223KB, 900x675px
>>519573
>>
watch real people doing real things and mimic you fucking tard.
>>
>>519579
You are the cancer i have seen this shit back on /b/ go and fuck off
>>
Good reference and a lot of time to study it, there is no other way.
>>
One option would be to take your video reference, turn it into an image sequence and bring it into your scene. In Maya, you can create an image plane with the image sequence and then just match the rig's pose to the video every 3-4 frames. This will turn into more of a straight ahead method, but after you polish, it'll look a lot more realistic.
>>
IMO the most important aspect about realism in animation is the perceived weight and force of their actions, while also accounting for the secondary actions such as what would the elbows do when a man turns around with his shoulder, etc
Legitimately though, a lot of references and practice is what you need
>>
File: Teslaisforyurfurther.jpg (1MB, 2563x3348px) Image search: [Google]
Teslaisforyurfurther.jpg
1MB, 2563x3348px
>>
>>519534
no offense but if you really were proeficient in cartoony animation you wouldn't ask this question, or have so much trouble with realistic animation that you'd need to ask /3/ how it's done
but real life observation and use of references is a good start
>>519573
motion capture is generally much cheaper than keyframing
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.