[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aspiring CG artist and Game Developer I've had some experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: ringpng.png (766KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
ringpng.png
766KB, 960x540px
Aspiring CG artist and Game Developer

I've had some experience in Blender. My friend wants me to make him some models however I'm not very good at moddeling.
Should I keep with blender or is there any other free software that's Blender-tier or higher? Also Any paid software to strive for in the long-run

pic semi-related result of me following a blender tutorial
>>
>>518051
blender is perfect for gamedev
>>
Blender is all you need, just follow tutorials until you can do it on your own.
>>
>>518066
Good to know

>>518069
Ok, any reccomended tutorials for actually learning techniques rather than making specific things or just learn techniques from making things?
>>
>>518075

https://discord.gg/0Y4utWZT6cwisPPz
on our discord we got some good tuts posted
>>
I would use Houdini. It's god tier
>>
>>518091
This anon knows.
>>
>>518051
Whatever you use is fine just remember

less UV splits and smoothing groups the better.
>>
Hows it going crazy dave:)
>>
Blender can't match rendering like Maya and simulation, etc, if we go all the way up to the skill pipeline of each packages scale. However it is more equal in terms of modelling and sometimes animation. Just know that it's free and doesn't cost money, and it's really the artist, not the tool.
>>
File: 535395-chocobo_baby.jpg (33KB, 550x640px) Image search: [Google]
535395-chocobo_baby.jpg
33KB, 550x640px
I'm going to bounce of of OP's question and ask a question I'm sure you've all heard before.
I'm a CS major interested in computer graphics. I want to design and work on engines, specifically renderman (my dream is to work at Pixar). While I have good programming and math skills, how would I go about learning more of the animation and design side of things.

I have Maya since I can get it for free through my uni. Any tips you anons can give me for making myself as marketable as possible?
I have spent a little time in Blender, but thought I should just jump in on the big one.
>>
>>519250
>While I have good programming and math skills, how would I go about learning more of the animation and design side of things.
You start with watching tutorials, and reading animation theory

>Any tips you anons can give me for making myself as marketable as possible?
For pixar?

GIT

REALLY

FUCKING

GUD
>>
File: Ring.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ring.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>518051
looks familiar
>>
>>519267
>For pixar?
if pixar was actually gud they would make a range of products instead of the same one over and over. They're like a tattoo artist that can only do skulls.
>>
>>520112
>result of me following a blender tutorial
>>
>>520112

Must have been a rendering tutorial then, with provided mesh, because the resemblance is way too close.
>>
>>520117
its as if they followed the same tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqhi8q4EGZk
>>
>>520113
yeah, but they'll still want you to have mad skills that you'll never use.
>>
>>520113
If making skulls is making me billions, I'd make the best looking skulls over and over.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.