[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fake Storefront?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1200.jpg (128KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
128KB, 1200x675px
I'm trying to create an architectural visualization of a building exterior with a glazed storefront, but I don't want to model the inside. Instead, I want to apply a material on the windows that will give the illusion of an interior. What settings would this material need to have to achieve such an effect?
>>
If your angles match the render, you could just use a picture of a storefront behind a plane of 'glass'. However, some projection mapping to a very basic mesh will go a long way.
>>
Materials arent magic, how do you expect this to work? Just plaster in some images or billboards. You can put frosted glass in front if you need closer shots, that'll obscure the shitty interior a bit. But at that point you're better off just modelling it.
>>
>>517894
All this.
If there is animation involved you are far better off making basic models for the interior. Otherwise it is going to just look like an image on a window.
>>
Same question as OP, but say this is for a mobile game where transparency is simply not viable, whats the best way to get this storefront/window effect? Was really just thinking of slapping on some images of storefront windows onto the texture.
>>
>>517916
if a camera passes by it and you can see that there is no parallax / depth to the interior, it's gona look like shit.
You could billboard images of a shop interior at different depths and leave the window blank.
>>
>>517894
It's a 20% assignment, so I don't need it to be perfect. Just... okay. I've seen other people's work in my class and Colin's Bear would be considered decent.
>>
>>517935
why are you in that class then m8
>>
>>517938
I'm studying Architecture, not CG. It's the final semester and we have an introduction to 3ds Max course.
>>
>>517939
I had an internship with an architect about 10 years ago, she hated her job
>>
>>517940
I don't really enjoy it either. If anything, I have endured this long because I started off pretty strong with the software. For example, when I graduate this month, I will probably be hard pressed to find a job due to a lack of good drawings in my portfolio; yet the best students will still go to me to ask for tips with CAD. Besides that, the industry and itself seems like a pain in the ass and the job is just boring.
>>
>>517943
>I don't really enjoy it either.
mate you dont even have a job yet come the fuck on.
>>
>>517892
thats so cheesy * ba dum diss*
>>
>>517892
You could do what I used to do in SecondLife with windows in skyboxes!.

Behind the window put a large strip curved into a 90 degree segment and apply a texture to it. If you have window panes or notices on the shopfront it will give the illusion of depth as you move too.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.