[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steam Workshop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Hey guys,what do you think about Steam Workshop? i really love TF2 and DoTA and i was thinking on learning 3d modeling and animation to make items for those games because i really enjoy them (and for some cash obviuosly lol),is it worth it? i want to use Blender and Gimp because they are free,any suggestion on other programs? anyone here have an item summited? how was the experience.

PS: i dont live in the US.
PS2:Englysh is my second language,so sorry for the bad english.
>>
>>517426
Its a waste of time
>>
>>517427
ok but why?

OP here
>>
Anyone else pissed they canned paid mods.
>>
>>517429
To be fair the paid mode situation was really bard executed,skyrim was a bad game to start the program.
>>
>>517429
You know you can do that 'Patreon' thingy with a little excuse such as " Please visit my patreon so i can contribute to the community more ever than before" or sumthing liek that to get sum ez moni, rite ?
>>
>>517431
Wrong reply. basically what i'm trying to say, steam workshop for me is kind of a place for promoting your thing in a form of "Mod". While indirectly begging for money through that "Patreon" thingy
>>
>>517432

Ya but ask any skyrim modder how many tips they get. A forced economy paid with card money would have been brilliant for 3d artists.
>>
Guys,OP here focus on the topic please XD.
>>
>>517433
That's why you don't make "Modding" as your main money-printing machine, do that as a side job or just for lolz or just as a hobbyist.\

>>517434
>steam workshop for me is kind of a place for promoting your thing in a form of "Mod"

there goes my opinion related to the topic.
And of course what i mean is that's perfectly okay for you to do that. Lot of fun guaranteed, although i've never been into both game you mentioned, since recently Warframe open its Steam Workshop i've been experimenting lot of thing related to Texturing ( since as far as i concern the Workshop for Warframe are only limited to retexturing only ) even though until this point none of my workshop item ever accepted as an in-game item. Still waiting though.
[spoiler]DE PLEZZZZ ;-;[/spoiler]
>>
No need to bump this board is slow as fuck. If ur intention is to make money, you wont. I recommend 3d coat for texturing dota stuff.
>>
I'm a fan of the workshop. It's a nice central place to find free models, since they are pretty easy to import to blender/3ds. They should add paid mods back, I don't really know why it was such a shitstorm with skyrim.

>>517440
>since recently Warframe open its Steam Workshop i've been experimenting lot of thing related to Texturing ( since as far as i concern the Workshop for Warframe are only limited to retexturing only ) even though until this point none of my workshop item ever accepted as an in-game item. Still waiting though.

Only warframe skins are retextures. The Syadanas and helmets are new models as well as textures. They take a ton of knowledge to get something into the game, so set your goals a little lower for now.
>>
>>517552
>as far as i concern
For the record i'm not really into Syandana or any Plat only cosmetic, so nyeh they are out of my concern. Although, it is true in order to create them, the artist need shit ton of knowledge of WF universe. Hell, even retext skin alone needed me to open that encyclopedia thing in-game to get my skin as Lore-friendly as possible.
>>
>>517426
Making items for TF2 is great! However its also a pain to do as the source engine workflow is a throwback to 1990's and its before ergonomics came to the game industry.

If you to know how to make TF2 Items. Just post on this thread.

Say your looking for a tutorial to compile your first weapon.

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1494123&page=87
>>
>>517595
Also.

If you want to make a concept then you'll need to decompile the TF2 models to view them in your modeling program.

In HLMV you'll need to just extract it from the pack file.

HLMV has shit controls but its basically.

"As you can see, this isn't particularly useful. However, there are some good options in front of you already. You can display hitboxes or a background, etc. For this I'll be using the Ground, Background, Specular, and Shadow options. Also, you probably figured out that you can rotate your view by dragging in the view window. Well, you can also hold shift, then left click to drag the model around. Right clicking will let you zoom in and out, and control + left click gives you the option to change the angle of the sun. So, right now I'm going to set my view up how I like it, then click on the Sequence tab. Most cool stuff happens under Sequence."
>>
>>517596
Also. Once you've found your TF2 Directories.

Create a shortcut to them as you'll be visiting the bin and tf a lot to check on your compiles.
>>
>>517552
>>517595
>>517596
>>517597
Finally some real advice (Im OP) there is any tutorial or wiki of how to make tf2 items and skins or anything workshop related?
>>
>>517753
Yeah. There's actually a lot of tutorials out there but they aren't up to date with the current engine.

Recommend asking this thread for help if you intent to follow them.
https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1494123&page=87

However hats don't suffer from this problem, basically unpack your files then model it around the player model then you export the file and import it into TF2 using the workshop button and setup everything there.

That's simplier than compiling weapons and requires none of the junk that weapons do.
>>
BUmop
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.