[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wassup peeps, I'm currently modeling a human body on maya

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: shoulder prob.jpg (663KB, 1366x1200px) Image search: [Google]
shoulder prob.jpg
663KB, 1366x1200px
Wassup peeps,

I'm currently modeling a human body on maya just to have a base model for any animation i might need, the thing is im having some problems with the shoulder, as you can see on the top image, which is the raw mesh, and the lower image the smoothed one, it creates a circle around those vertices. Is it because i merged it? should i use something else for connecting points?

Not new in 3d, but i stopped for 3 years and i'm quite rusty
>>
>rusty
were you any good then?
>>
merge the vertices that are close to each other. they are creating extra supporting loops around the creases because there are more than one vertices there.
>>
>>516310
i was decent, but i want to be better now.

>>516311
alright ill try that, thanks!
>>
>>516309

Don't waste time box modeling in this day and age. Go straight into zbrush and dyna mesh up some shit. Retopo later.
>>
File: 1.jpg (27KB, 789x648px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
27KB, 789x648px
>>516318
Here's that memebrush poster again
>>
>>516318
Haven't still got the skill to sculp something, will work on it one day...
>>
>>516320
yeah, i kinda think if something works good for you just follow it up, no need to change drasticly just because new technology is out there, but i respect everyones opinions specially since most of the people on this board have more exp then me in 3d
>>
Fuck zbrush
>>
>>516437
>Oh look I'm angry that 3D modeling takes skill and I can't just move a few verts around with my mouse

>>516326
You clearly have little experience with 3D, this is the worst thing to think in this industry, if you do not adapt and change your skillset as new technology comes out, you will be left in the dust. The capabilities a program like ZBrush gives are unmatched by a poly modeling program like Maya. It's still good to know Maya for some things, but ZBrush is a hell of a lot more important for organic character creation.

>>516325
Do you want to be a 3D artist? Then the artistic aspect is what you want to focus on the most, the technical skills should come secondary and will not take anywhere near the amount of time to improve to a good enough level. It's really not hard to just start practice sculpting, you can even get the free Sculptris program, grab some reference images and start going at it.

>>516309
Check to see if there is a face inside that creased area of the mesh, if so, delete it. You can also turn off Double Sided Lighting in the "Lighting" menu just above the viewport there to see if maybe the normals on the body or the arm are reversed, which could also cause an issue like this.
The other possibility is that the verts aren't fully merged around there. Drag select over that whole area while in Vertex mode and go Edit Mesh> Merge.
>>
>>516498
>for organic character creation.
Exactly. But if you don't do any organic forms?
>It's still good to know Maya for some things...
Like anything else which is not character modeling, or sculpting of complex forms.
Z-brush is like 20% of a pipeline. Maya more like 60%. Don't pretend its the other way.
>>
>>516529
>there is only 1 pipeline
>>
>>516540
in yer mum
>>
>>516540
There is no pipeline to creating a rigged character where zBrush is more than 20% at most.
>>
>>516544

Are you a rigger or something, people tend to inflate their own worth.
>>
>>516559
Rigging may not be the biggest part of a pipeline but it can be the biggest cause of headaches
>>
>>516541
no u
>>
>>516309
I watched that YouTube tutorial
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.