[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Learned 3D modelling in a multiple year course in high-school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: i accept it.jpg (59KB, 732x628px) Image search: [Google]
i accept it.jpg
59KB, 732x628px
>Learned 3D modelling in a multiple year course in high-school a long while back
>Finally want to do something with what I learned then
>Slowly find out that the teacher was absolute shit and taught us to use some of the worst habits for modelling
>Taught us with 3DS Max
>Trying to model is a fucking nightmare
>Decide to try Blender
>It's like a whole other fucking language
>Can't do shit

How do I save myself Anons?
>>
model with zbrush and zremesher. This is the new way, everything else is the old way
>>
>>516156
Noob here, could you explain 'new way'?
>>
>>516157
he just did
>>
>>516158
Maybe in some more detail.
>>
dont listen that bozo

look up some real teching tuturials for blender and practice paractice pracirte

https://discord.gg/0Y4utWZT6cw7HUcE

we have our own discord, if need any help we are very freindly on htere. pardon my bad spelling I just dont care.
>>
>>516160
this guy is an old man. Accept it.

Take these links
http://pixologic.com/zbrush/features/ZBrush4R7/
http://pixologic.com/zbrush/features/ZModeler/
http://pixologic.com/zbrush/features/ZBrush-to-KeyShot/
>>
>>516156
I didn't think it was possible to be this wrong
>>
>>516155
ur just bad bro
>>
Practice
Practice
Practice

Look at references
Buy literature written by professionals
Figure out what kind of 3D artist you want to be. (Game design, CGI, character, environmental, hard surface, organic)
Think about studying a degree. Plenty of courses in game design and film. You will make fantastic connections and learn from professionals that have industry experience.
If uni is a no go then become self taught. Just be careful who you learn from.
>>
>>516166
>Think about studying a degree. Plenty of courses in game design and film. You will make fantastic connections and learn from professionals that have industry experience.
Please don't do this, degrees in 3D are a huge waste of money and the "professionals" are people that didn't get hired in the industry.
>>
Take a 3ds max or maya course at a community college (that you are in district with & is autodesk certified).

Even if you don't get financial aid, the 3ish credit hours will only cost you a few hundred dollars, and you will learn a lot.

It is so worth being with someone who knows how use these programs, and being able to ask them things while you are working on projects.

The most important thing to learn with 3ds max for example, is shortcuts & how to use it's basic modeling tools. Because you will literally WASTE HOURS of time if you don't know certain keybinds.

And if you're only watching youtube videos that assume you know them, you might not realize you've been fucking up for a while.
>>
>>516155
Welcome to having an art career, where college doesnt mean shit and you teach yourself. Go crazy with tutorials, use torrents to their fullest potential and snag as many books on modeling as you can
>>
File: 1457414523599.jpg (16KB, 365x346px) Image search: [Google]
1457414523599.jpg
16KB, 365x346px
>>516155
>Multiple year course for 3d modeling
>>
>idiots on /3/ are too fucking dumb to understand Max
>hate on max because it's too complex for them
>don't know that max is one of the best modelling software out there, thanks to its parametric modifiers and hundreds of plugins
>think some of the best artists on the planet use max but it's not good enough for their beginner's ass, they need the best to model their low poly hentai tits
>think using a piece of shit like blender will actually allow them to become good 3d artists
>think having "blender" on their resume won't make companies laugh at them
>think software matters at all
>hope polymodeling is obsolete now and they will get a job by learning to click on "zRemesher" in zBrush, and automatically get a good model

i come here only to laugh at you faggots now
>>
File: 1402351002900.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1402351002900.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>516411
Why can't I hold all these implications?
>>
File: zbrush.jpg (16KB, 487x119px) Image search: [Google]
zbrush.jpg
16KB, 487x119px
>>516411

>hope polymodeling is obsolete now and they will get a job by learning to click on "zRemesher" in zBrush, and automatically get a good model

It just works.
>>
>>516411
Maya shits on Max, everybody knows it, why bother trying to argue otherwise? I spent years in Max, ive spent years now in Maya, and there's no argument to be had. This isn't an opinion. Maya is objectively better at everything than Max. if you need a giant list of modifiers it means you don't know how to model or use nodes to your advantage.
>>
>>516418
it is the truth, I learned max, used it for several years, switched to maya because it has better animation and rigging options. you have to agree tho, modifiers were pretty fun, not that you can't get basically the same results with histories. maya is the better choice tho
>>
>>516418
Same here, spent couple of years in max, then managed to convince uni with bacing of many art directors that nobody uses max anymore, and everyone switched to maya.
Maya is fantastic, the UI is just so intuitive and fluid
>>
>>516444
I've never used max, started with maya and still use maya. Do you think it's better even in modeling?
>>
>>516411
false, blender have great polymodeling i can testify
>>
>>516411
>think some of the best artists on the planet use max
And some use Maya, some use Modo, some use Blender. Max is dead.

>>516411
>think having "blender" on their resume won't make companies laugh at them
The company I work at sure didn't while offering me payment comparable to a CS guy.
>>
>>516411
Most companies applaud you if you produce high quality work in Blender and it's desirable for small indie teams or freelancing.

Learn Blender or Maya anon, you can do it. The hardest hurdle is knowing hotkeys and what each fucking mouse click does when switching programs.
>>
>>516155
You're mad you were taught with real software instead of Fisher-Price Blender garbage?
>>
>>516155
>Decide to try Blender
>Can't do shit

That's just the normal Blender user experience tho.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 500x271px
I think there's a considerable amount of tutorials out there that help with the learning curve for almost anything these days.

I think what OP needs to really understand is that we are entering a new era where it doesn't matter what software your using. Like other anon said, some use modo , others maya, etc, but overall it's more about what your comfortable doing and how much you can progress using it.

This might seem obvious to some but way to many people place emphasis in whats the program, rather then using all the tools available to create the best art. Even combining different applications(aka pipelines).

I say, never pledge allegiance to the program, always practice with the creation in mind and not the tool. At the rate tech is evolving it's naive to spend years developing in a single program. Always be closing, learning something new everyday.
>>
>>516411
>i come here only to laugh at you faggots now
Why would do anything otherwise? 4chan is just a dumping ground for shitposts and a test bed proving ground for dank-ass spicy memes to use on twitter and reddit.

I seriously hope nobody comes to this place to engage in actual discussion or learn something new.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.