[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just won a bunch more awards for the VFX in Vikings season 3.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: The-Cast-of-Vikings.jpg (547KB, 1500x836px) Image search: [Google]
The-Cast-of-Vikings.jpg
547KB, 1500x836px
Just won a bunch more awards for the VFX in Vikings season 3. Any of you guys in the industry?
>>
the what now?

> Any of you guys in the industry?
which industry?
>>
>>515205
>vfx
>/3/
try harder next time
>>
>>515209
vfx is just greenscreen / bluescreen and after effects / nuke. Its looked down on here
>>
>>515210
That's what I meant, vfx isn't 3d a lot of the time. I don't know what he means, maybe its like in Game of Thrones type vfx, where its combined vfx with 3d.
>>
>>515205
will Ragnar die in this Season ?
>>
>>515209
>>515212
vfx is a pig part of our job. people who graduate cgi schools end up vfx artists as well. its not all about blenderp animu grillz and shiny glowing spheres
>>
>>515205
>Vikings
>VFX
>awards
pick one faggot
>>
File: 3DPipeline.jpg (117KB, 960x936px) Image search: [Google]
3DPipeline.jpg
117KB, 960x936px
Lmao what a bunch of hate. Vikings is cool, I am glad they won.
>>
>>515261
>that meme picture which has nothing to do with Vikings
>>
File: 13665496598.jpg (12KB, 182x181px) Image search: [Google]
13665496598.jpg
12KB, 182x181px
>>515205
>/3/
>In the industry

That's like saying /v/ plays video games.
>>
File: TeapotTank.jpg (177KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TeapotTank.jpg
177KB, 1920x1080px
>>515263
>what a great contribution, such insight
>>
Is the Viking show any good?

I tend to fucking hate live action tv shit. It always seems pretty half assed and tends to be pretty lame.
Like tv shows like this try to be so "epic" and always have this fucking retarded filter over them.

Is the show at least historically accurate? Or is it literally soap opera with vikings?

>inb4 fucking cartoon fag, live action is good
I like watching documentaries. Anime and cartoons are good too.
I just cant really get into tv dramas.
>>
>>515280
thats an awesome cute concept design btw
>>
>>515265
fucking /v/
>>
>>515265
Ben Mauro posted here before
I know because I snitched on his student and he proceeded to school us right here on /3/
>>
>>515285
lies
>>
>>515286
https://warosu.org/3/thread/464999#p465721
>>
>>515285
he sucks ass
>>
>>515299
Never said he was good anon, just that he's in the industry, but chances are you suck worse and you're a hobbyist
>>
>>515316
There was a really hilarious video on Feng Zhus youtube where he had Ben Maro as a guest and they were making a jungle scene and Ben talked it up like he could make some really cool stuff in like 2 hours with zbrush because he wanted to skip over doing any 2D (even though FZD is a 2D school). They showed the sped up footage of the result and it was a complete shitshow. Just awful. I lost all respect for that man at that point
>>
>>515319
Holy shit link please, that sounds fucking hilarious
>>
File: Capture.png (3KB, 247x52px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
3KB, 247x52px
>>515320
This is the ad for it, dunno if its still on youtube. I think Feng deleted it from his channel it was so bad
>>
>>515281
Its good
>>
>>515322
its not. I actually saw a few minutes of an episode last night, the fx were shit
>>
I am. Worked on an Emmy winning show and an Oscar winning movie. Know some Emmy winners and nominees. I know a few VES winners, too.
>>
>>515205

I'm currently at Iloura,

not quite sure if I can say what I'm working on because they keep sending mixed signals about this shows confidentiality. but yeah.

Also CGI and VFX all happen in the same place...they go hand in hand. Don't know whys its such a problem to bring it up here.
>>
>>515554
>Also CGI and VFX all happen in the same place...they go hand in hand. Don't know whys its such a problem to bring it up here.
no1 wants to hear about that green screen garbage. Keep it pixar aight seriously
>>
>>515555
In the context of this thread its perfectly reasonable.

The board is quite enough as it is, don't limit conversation. It'd actually be interesting to see how many professionals are on /3/.

But on Pixar, it's definitely a goal of mine. I want to move into animation eventually.
>>
>>515555
>3DCG Board
>Doesn't want to hear about CG

I can understand if you don't want to hear about matte paintings or matchmoving, but you'd have to be batshit retarded to think VFX is not /3/ related
Just because you can't make realistic assets and renders doesn't mean said assets and renders aren't /3/
>>
I am a 3D generalist and i am currently learning Compositing. I don't know why i waited so long with that since i am interested to do large scale epic scenes (crowds, large scale pyro/fluid simulations,physics etc.)

>>515581
I am very interested to hear something about Movie/TV VFX.
What software do you use? Nuke? Fusion? Mistika?
I am totally in love with Clarisse but i am not sure if i should learn it (if it has a bright future).
>>
>>515594
I have only done simple compositing works since I've personally only worked on small scale projects, and I mainly base it around Maya and Nuke (AE if I get really lazy)
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.