[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the best school/university to learn 3D? Possibly in Europe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (273KB, 620x483px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
273KB, 620x483px
Which is the best school/university to learn 3D? Possibly in Europe
>>
>>514329
Just lurk on polycount. Don't waste your time and money at uni unless it's a STEM subject.
>>
>>514329
you'll never be good at 3D until you're good at 2D. Otherwise, you'll just be making lame robot dogs and cube-hands
>>
File: 1311947915015.jpg (27KB, 285x298px) Image search: [Google]
1311947915015.jpg
27KB, 285x298px
>>514331
Shit advice is shit.
I know many Great 3D artists that can't draw for shit. The reason they're great 3D artists is because they didn't waste their time trying to do both, same as how the best 2d artists are shit at 3d.
>>
>>514333
name some pls
>>
File: aviator2.gif (490KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
aviator2.gif
490KB, 500x300px
>>514334
https://www.artstation.com/

Just look at any of these artists, and their other work. Pretty much all will only be in one medium. There are the rare freaks who are masters at both, but I can tell you that they would have learnt 1 medium at once.
>>
>>514337
you didnt answer the requst, you linked to a site. Im a busy man, why dont you name some artists who are "Great" with a capital G and cant do 2D
>>
File: 1453051035961.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1453051035961.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>514340
>busy man
>on /3/
>busy man
>man
>>
>>514333
Nigga please.
Most artist I know, started drawing in kindergarden, before they even started with computers and shit. When i was 15 i already created over 100 pixel animation shots and litterally thousands of drawings. THEN i got bored with 2D shit and decided to do 3D. And of course all that without cutting time playing vidya watching animu and occasionally taking drugs and party hard (also school).
Don't gimme that shit with not enough time, you are just fucking lazy.
>>
>>514363
dead wrong.
>>
>>514329

Don't bother save the money and buy a good PC and learn a trade. Do 3d as a hobby spend a few hours a day after few years if you get good pursue it as a career.
>>
File: 1454005567052.gif (1MB, 200x188px) Image search: [Google]
1454005567052.gif
1MB, 200x188px
>. THEN i got bored with 2D shit
>without cutting time playing vidya
>watching animu
> taking drugs
"you are just fucking lazy."
Okay mate.
>>
>>514369
All work and no play makes me grumpy. Fact is there is enough time to do both and still be productive and get shit done. Balance is key.
>>
>>514329
I know that Gobelins in France has a pretty good reputation. They also cater to English speakers and the stuff that comes out of there is pretty solid.
>>
>>514333
>>514337
>>514363

You're both right and you're both wrong.

Here are some people who are good / competent / professional (in after >name >professional >good, lmao): Beeple, Andrew Price, possibly Gleb Alexandrov

That said, you have to understand that in learning 3D you are going to learn some 2D automatically.
All of the things in 3D are labeled / designed around the real world things they're based on.
For example, knowing some photography or at least enough to know about lenses, f-stops, exposure, focal lengths, etc is going to help a lot in setting up a 'Camera' in a 3D software.
Likewise knowing about real world lighting is going to help tremendously with creating good looking lighting or simulating the lighting from a given subject.

So you can't help but learn about perspective, proportions, color theory, composition, anatomy, and if you're using a tablet you'll probably find your pencil drawing skills / sketching skills will have improved as well.

So, it's not a "waste" to learn 2D however if you don't have the manual dexterity (yet) you may find it unrewarding. Raw talent, in any discipline, will only sets your starting place on the very long path to Mastery; someone else might start "ahead" of you, but like the Hare who is content to rest idly in the shade and bask in his accomplishments, he will be left behind by the slow and steady progress of the Tortoise who is never satisfied until the end.
>>
>>514331
this is a retarded ass advice

>>514363
yeah, another /3/ genius. who knows why everything i see on this board is dweeb trash made with blender, yet every comment is from these genius artists.
>>
>>514447
>Here are some people who are good / competent / professional (in after >name >professional >good, lmao): Beeple, Andrew Price, possibly Gleb Alexandrov
>Andrew Price
>>
>>514329
Try Politecnico di Milano
The Design faculty does some pretty cool things
>>
>>514329
formal education is shit.
i know this because i am a teacher and i stopped seeking higher degrees because of all the shitty inner workings that i saw and i've dealt with.

learn on your own, at your own pace and without someone telling you to do shit you don't find useful. youtube is ok but if you want high quality education, subscribe to a pro learning platform, something like lynda.com or digitaltutors
>>
>>514363
It must be hard being this autistic.
>>
File: bfffdicd.png (977KB, 778x900px) Image search: [Google]
bfffdicd.png
977KB, 778x900px
>>514329
what do you guys think about FZD design school
I am genuinely interested
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.