[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to 3d modeling and 3d printing. I just want to make this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1456488771285[1].png (382KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1456488771285[1].png
382KB, 1920x1080px
New to 3d modeling and 3d printing.

I just want to make this unique notepad thing for work.

I'm using sketchup and it either sucks or I don't know what I'm doing.

How do I get rid of these lines and make everything smooth.

I try to erase them then it erases everything else.

I try to draw around the perimeter of the box and it does nothing.

Also does sketchup suck?
What are some good alternatives for a beginner that wants to 3d print something.
>>
File: 1456495507921[1].png (396KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1456495507921[1].png
396KB, 1920x1080px
Other problems I'm having.

fugg
>>
Its not you, Sketchup is objectively the worst for anything other than architecture.
>>
blender would be a far better option
>>
>>514188
What should I use instead?

>>514200
I heard about that.

Is it easy to use for beginners?
>>
>>514205
watch a tutorial or two and you should be fine.
>>
If you want to learn a powerful program, blender

If you want to use a simple but pretty limited CAD just for printing, 123D design
>>
>>514185
select eraser tool

hold ctrl and drag it across the lines to smooth them
or
hold shift and drag it across the lines to hide them

or make the entire object a component and use the smooth edges dialog box to round it off

oh and btw sketchup is a great program, you just suck ass at it
>>
Don't mean to hijack you thread, but this thread is already about Sketchup.

Is Sketchup good for visualizing a room layout? I want to recreate my living room for new furniture ideas. I heard Sketchup has a good library to download common objects.
>>
>>514435
yes its the best for that go on sketchup 3d warehouse download all the crap you need
>>
>>514200

if he's having problems with the easiest of 3d software he definitely going to have problems with a slightly more difficult software
>>
Ayyyy lmao, see the current line of "everybody can design/engineer shit" is quite mediocre, just because powerful tools are easily available doesn't mean that the 80% of things made are good or should exist and waste resources. But that's not me to judge, so if you want to do objects and print them use a parametric cad program like creo or solidworks, then do some tutorials and you are set for whatever you wanna do
>>
am not here
>>
>>516966
who is this young man ?
>>
>>516967
Its a woman lol.. just post her pics to a quiet little board to image search... i cant do it on my browser
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.