[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm graduating from uni soon with my 3d degree; I specialized

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: vsIszFV-XAvFJnA.jpg (579KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
vsIszFV-XAvFJnA.jpg
579KB, 1200x1500px
So I'm graduating from uni soon with my 3d degree; I specialized in environment art (maya, unity, udk, blender, photoshop), but Im also good with houdini and also do some decent sculpting in zbrush cuz i took some figure drawing classes.

If I can't get a job after graduation at a studio what are some weird places I could look for decent paying 3D office jobs? I had a graphic design job before for a random company but I don't really enjoy graphic design or working remotely that much. I just need to find a first 3d office job that can help me survive and possibly advance my career. pic unrelated
>>
well yeah you can work for archviz and film production studious
>>
>>514132
post your environments
>>
>>514141
right now i find movies that i liked then look at the studios that worked on them and ask if they have any positions. what is archviz? training? i also said i don't want teaching jobs. one of my goals after uni is to not end up with a teaching job like my professors who have said they do teaching after getting burnt out in the industry

>>514167
my website has my name and stuff on it, i'd prefer not to post cuz employers may see my posts on /3/ or something i dunno. i have something not on my website that im currently working on if u REALLY wanna see something but it's just a wip and like 30% done
>>
File: 1455489555907.png (201KB, 354x367px) Image search: [Google]
1455489555907.png
201KB, 354x367px
>>514179
i'd prefer not to post cuz employers may see my posts on /3/ or something i dunn

Just post your art, jesus christ.
>>
>not posting werk
son i am dissappoint. this whole industry is based on how good you actually are, not how good you say you are.

where is your reel?
>>
File: paofowef.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
paofowef.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>514235
>>514236
im not asking for critique, i'm asking if ya'll know places to get hired doing 3d that I wouldnt think of. i just need to get a job

this is the wip ive been working on for about a month if you really wanna see something, but its a wip
>>
>>514250
this is straight crap
>>
>>514250
Uninspired.

A single lane road for a car?
A road floating in the air, not even a bridge?
Cars in a world of floaty robot things? (This is actually fine if it's an antique or something)
Giant retarded oil platform looking buildings inexplicably sitting on rock pilings in the desert (unless this is supposed to be an ocean)?
That planet is too big, look at some pictures of Apollo 11 orbiter photographing the Earth (the fuzzy black and white pictures, not the retarded artist rendition images)
Why is the car a dune buggy but with an exposed engine and giant sand-sucking forward facing low mounted air intake valves (or worse, exhaust valves pointed at the engine block so it can choke itself in seconds)?
Why does the railing / road in the background have big engine looking things, are these supposed to be magical speed boosting F-Zero things?
Why is the car so plain and boring, besides being so impractical?
Why is everything wrong about this car, from its center of gravity, to its aerodynamics, to its elongated engine block, incorrectly mounted drive shaft, exposed design (which I already mentioned), to its front tires being higher than its back tires?

What were you doing all those months / years at Uni?

And how do you not know what Archviz is? Go fucking google it you retard.

Send your garbage resume and 5 or 10 of your best portfolio pieces to every single studio within a 2 hour commute of where you live, then work long hours for little recognition so that you can be paid about as much as burger flipping, then ultimately have your job outsourced to asia.
>>
File: ZBrush Document2.jpg (117KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ZBrush Document2.jpg
117KB, 1920x1080px
>>514257
>>514255
aight cool, i guess yall dont like that, heres an elephant man sculpture i did the other day
>>
>>514258
skill yourself
>>
>>514250
>>514258
Not trying to pull you down, but your work might need some serious polishing. It basically looks like you started to model without having any plans for what it should look like in the end. Before you start doing fantasy/non-real stuff, do lots and lots of real world objects, believe me, you'll learn so much about why exactly they're shaped like this and that and what parts have which function. And then you can start doing non-real objects and apply all of that knowledge to a model that doesn't exist IRL, and it will look a lot better.
>>
File: 1444180889530.jpg (14KB, 294x273px) Image search: [Google]
1444180889530.jpg
14KB, 294x273px
>>514260
are you telling him to learn 2D? sounds like you're telling him to learn 2D.
>>
>>514258

It's better than I had out of Uni then again I graduated when Zbrush just became a thing.

What about making props for Turbosquid and other online stores.
>>
>>514250
You know when you posted the shitty WIP of this and copped shit for how bad it was, and tried to defend it by saying it's just a WIP? it's as bad as everyone expected it to be.

Instead of being a resentful idiot maybe you could try accepting advice even if it is harsh.
>>
>>514250
>>514258
Why did I ask for you to show this. I regret it all. You have a few years before you're studio worthy m8. If you work hard as fuck, you could do it in a year.
>>
>>514250
>>514258

You have the skills, just not the imagination (which is irrelevant for studio work), try making something based off someone else's (non-3D, obviously) concept art
>>
>>514250
>University 3d degree
That's about what I expected.

I'll level with you homie, I've hired a lot of people at game/anim studios, you might be able to get a job as a junior at a for television animation studio... but those pay like... minimum wage.

If you're the kind of guy that needs to learn at a school I would encourage you to go to a real CG school. University and College courses are a joke in 3d.
>>
>>514653
some can be usfull, i guess its not super related but i went to college for animation and now ive got a position as an animator at the biggest animation studio in my country.

i think it more so depends on the student then the school. sure the school can teach you but you have to be able to go above that
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.