[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Speeding up workflow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (37KB, 959x538px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
37KB, 959x538px
I'm new to 3D modeling and just started learning Blender a week ago, this is the first thing I've made but it took a lot of problem solving (I didn't know 2D edit mode or vertice/face mirroring was a thing until after I made this & I'm pretty sure it would have helped me with the geometry-I kept using the side view instead). Are there any good comprehensive guides on shortcut keys, shape making, workflow and problem solving? Also I find it extremely painful to sit down and watch hour long multi-part tutorials on how to copy someone elses work and think the best thing for me would be to better learn how the program works instead so I can give my artistic decisions more freedom. Or am I wrong and the best thing to do is watch more tutorials and try and copy what they do. I really want to get good
>>
>>512998
I've been modeling for a while as a freelancer and in my personal experience you only get fast when you are worried with not meeting deadlines and not having a life anymore because all you do is 3D.
>>
>>512998
Spend fucktons of time modeling and spend time with other people who do as well. This is more important than anything else you can do.

Spend a lot of time making things quickly. You get fast by practicing fast. (note: this doesn't mean you shouldn't have projects where you take your time)

Look at other people's work, but don't treat it as law. It's not usually useful to copy exact solutions for problems. Tutorials for objects are basically worthless on their own, what you want to get out of them is workflow tips and tools you didn't already know about.

Use hotkeys for everything you possibly can. Every time you mouse through a menu you are wasting time.

Don't treat your geometry like it's holy, if something needs changing it gets changed. Don't get hung up or attached to things, that wastes your time.

Finally, don't expect to be really good for years.
>>
>>512998
That's a nice looking bayonet. If that's really the first thing you've ever made, and you did it in Blender of all things, I'm impressed. Keep it up. You've got talent.
>>
Hey, really nice looking model, if its your first one. Btw, if you wanna know more aspects in 3D and just discuss something, you can add me in Skype. I'm interested in making a circle of friends that're willing to know more about 3d, vfx stuff. Skype - massoblivion1
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.