[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the correct procedure to animate using modifiers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: ChessSet.jpg (439KB, 820x760px) Image search: [Google]
ChessSet.jpg
439KB, 820x760px
What's the correct procedure to animate using modifiers? Whenever I try to animate with a modifier, I can't use the set key method. I set key, move to the next frame, input the new parameters for the modifier, and then set key. When I move from that frame, the new parameter disappear from the modifier and both frames are the same.

The auto key command works, but most of the time, it creates a key at the frame I want, and at the very start of the movie, which requires me to move it in the timeline.

The effect I'm trying to achieve is, for instance, melting a character at a certain frame of the movie.

I've just had my assignment due for 3ds max class. I had no time to figure this out because I started working on it too late, but I'm kind of curious now since I think it's somewhat more fun and rewarding to work in this program despite how fucking cumbersome it seems to be compared to the architectural software I am used to.
>>
>>512826
you can always try working with the curve editor to set your keys and values
>>
>>512830
That's another issue. I looked in the curve editor and I cannot find the frames for modifiers. I see the position (XYZ), scale, visibility, but I don't know how to edit frames involving modifiers.
>>
>>512826
for modifiers, you can apply the modifier as a shape key, then in the vertex data it will show as a shape key and you can animate from there. for constraints or parents select all the bones, or the object, then go object/pose -> animation -> bake animation, if you wanna keep the constraints, just tick off clear constraints/parents whatever
>>
File: curve editor.jpg (88KB, 170x622px) Image search: [Google]
curve editor.jpg
88KB, 170x622px
>>512831
a good workflow to work with modifiers is to wire the parameters you need to a control object in your scene, but if you're in a hurry just animate the sliders on the motion pannel with autokey. The key created at the start of the movie is necessary, animating is going from a state A to a state B, that key created is that stade A. Just move that key were you want your animation to start
>>
>>512869
*modifier pannel, not motion
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (46KB, 301x313px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
46KB, 301x313px
Click on Key Filters and set it to All, that should allow you to set keys for it using Set Key.

>>512831
Also, use the Dope Sheet instead of the Curve Editor, you'll see everything then.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.