[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /3/ Can some anon help me and make this models walls 0.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: r103_aggressor.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
r103_aggressor.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
Hey /3/

Can some anon help me and make this models walls 0.3mm overall? I was trying to print them but I can't, it gets broken and I can't print it in less than that wide.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fu34li6bxgw9d3d/R-103+36mm+v1.stl

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c39c8vcpw0k80zl/X49+Night+Raven+50mm+v1.stl

Any help would be appreciated. Pic kinda related.
>>
>>512599
Anon, I don't know where you got this shitty models from, but both have shit geometry and can't be made with walls easily, they need rework, mainly because of the inside geometry on the exhausts. Now, let me ask you the proper question. Why don't just you print them solid, they are just fucking 3.6 and 5 centimeters big?
>>
>>512616
I think I explained myself badly, I did print them but the wings and ailerons broke because they are too thin... I meant making all the model 0.3mm or bigger. I got em from a guy that made a mod, he said he printed them in 10cm but I want them for a small scale wargame, that's why they are so little.
>>
>>512616
The tips of the wings are the most problematic zones. They finish in a bevel and that way the printer cant do it and breaks them.
>>
>>512617
>small scale wargame
Is it based just on Electrosphere or do you have other Strangereal planes planned?
>>
>>512617
I've never used a 3d printer but your request sounds as simple as either scaling the model (or parts of the model, which you might have to extrude instead), or changing some sort of setting in the printer software prior to printing
>>
>>514031
His problem is wings end with an edge, that makes the last 2-3 millimeters of the wing too thin and it brakes. It's an easy fix, split the edge, add some thickness, but the models he posted are fucked up, there are intersecting faces everywhere, it's a mess.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.