[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2d animation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: fightloop 2.gif (461KB, 300x126px) Image search: [Google]
fightloop 2.gif
461KB, 300x126px
I know this is the wrong board, but is there a place to legitimately talk about making 2d animation on 4chan?
I took a look at /f/, but I have absolutely no idea what's going on in there. Seriously, the fuck.
(Obligatory 3dma gif attached)
>>
you'd think there would be a board for 2d.
>>
>>511680
Not many animators on /3/ either. But there are a few.
While there is a lot of similarities between the skillsets needed for 2D and 3D animation there is a pretty big differance too.

Both require you to understand how to make readable poses and develop a fine tuned sense of timing, know all the classic animation rules etc.

But in 2D you always know the final camera angle, and you get to morph your drawing to fit the frame however you please.
The final animation is at a low framerate and you really on the brain of the observer to make up the missing information.

In 3D it's not always known where the camera is gonna be, and you have a more rigid geometry that need to actually transition smoothly from pose to pose.
A lot of your time animating 3D will be put into tweaking interpolation curves for the inbetween frames calculated by the computer.

To be really good at either though require the same difficult-to-obtain understanding of mass, motion and time.
Since classic 2D animation is sorta archaic these days the crowd here is probably your best bet for finding people familiar with animation in general on 4chan.
>>
File: 81EnTbTAt8L.jpg (365KB, 1422x1736px) Image search: [Google]
81EnTbTAt8L.jpg
365KB, 1422x1736px
>>511680

I realize you didn't ask this, OP, and if you already know this, awesome.

You know how /ic/ always tells people to study Loomis? Well, there's an animator that is just as crucial to study for animators. Get the book in pic related. You will not regret it. It's considered a must have for every animator out there, so much so that some studios GIVE their animators one.
>>
>>511680
There's an animation general on /ic/. They're mostly obsessed with Japanese animation and don't tend to know that much. But it does exist.
>>
>>511680
yes /ic/ talks about animation sometimes
>>
>>511703
Bless your soul for bringing this book up. It's worth buying or even just skimming through.
>>
I personally believe that there should be an animation board for 2D/3D animation, because here on /3/, the vast majority of posts are made for/by modelers.
>>
>>511996
agreed, even though we do have animation threads I feel there should be a bigger dedication.
>>
>>511996
I think such a board would be even slower than /3/.
>>
>>511703
A caveat to this book is that he's a better teacher than animator, and once you've started to understand the fundamentals (which are explained well in the book), it's a good idea to start looking at other sources as well.
>>
>>512071
Yeah you are right, but but I can imagine that most active posters for that board would be 2D artists.
>>
>>511680
Maybe go you should go to Newgrounds.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.