[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is she coming along /3/? What else do I need to fix about her?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: muh witch.jpg (491KB, 1828x778px) Image search: [Google]
muh witch.jpg
491KB, 1828x778px
How is she coming along /3/? What else do I need to fix about her?
>>
Tell her a joke, she looks like she could do with some cheering up.

The tear ducts/lacrimal caruncles in the eyes look wrong
>>
File: overpaint.jpg (490KB, 1828x778px) Image search: [Google]
overpaint.jpg
490KB, 1828x778px
>>510345

Quick overpaint. Skin looks nice.
>>
>>510345

There's some wacky shit going on at the temple and below it.

The two corners of the eyes should form a line going downwards medially.

The apogee of the upper and lower eyelids form a line going inwards medially.

Where the zygomatic portrudes is a bit low. Could be because of the next point.

Eyes too small (and mouth a bit too high).

The nose gets wider the further down it goes.
>>
>>510346
>Tell her a joke, she looks like she could do with some cheering up.
she's not much of a happy person

>The tear ducts/lacrimal caruncles in the eyes look wrong
Oh yes. I started my witchy over a year ago and everytime I come back to her I'm always reminded of how dull those tear ducts look. I'm not sure how I should fix it, definitely looks better than before -- could post pictures of how the tear ducts used to look

>>510350
As ridiculous as this looks, you gave me some good ideas of how I should change her appearance

>>510353
>The two corners of the eyes should form a line going downwards medially
Seems like an easy fix, thanks

>The apogee of the upper and lower eyelids form a line going inwards medially
Can't quite understand this

>Eyes too small
Resizing the eyes might pose problems but I'll try

>(and mouth a bit too high)
The mouth used to be lower and it just didn't look right

>The nose gets wider the further down it goes
Thanks, I forgot to correct that
>>
>>510358

About the eyes, I meant to say
>upwards medially

Basically, both eyelids are curves. But one has its peak closer to the nose than the other, just like >>510350 corrected
>>
>>510345

That depends. What do you want to do with her ?
>>
>>511389
She'll be part of a short 2 minute video I'm making for a video game. Its a character meets character situation. I'll post an update soon for more necessary critique
>>
File: witchy.jpg (489KB, 1828x778px) Image search: [Google]
witchy.jpg
489KB, 1828x778px
Changed her face shape and nose
Tried to completely redo her eyebrows and it stills looks like utter garbage.
God I hate 3ds max hair and fur

I'll still do something about her long chin but something about the mouth looks wrong, so any tips on that?
>>
File: witchhair POST.png (2MB, 1828x778px) Image search: [Google]
witchhair POST.png
2MB, 1828x778px
Worked on her hair too, rendered med- settings to avoid the long render times
>>
>>511606
The most glaring issue, to me, is the lower lip. The arc from the edge of the mouth to the lower lip is generally more dramatic than a nearly flat line.
>>
File: Witchy3.jpg (504KB, 1828x778px) Image search: [Google]
Witchy3.jpg
504KB, 1828x778px
She looks less retarded now.
Next are those damn eyebrows
>>
>>512340
rotate the eyes inwards slightly. Turn the corners of the mouth up.
Manually model the eyebrows:
make a few variations of thickness, of single hairs, out of splines, make a vaguely rectangular / eyebrow shaped array of them as instances, , group them, use a lattice to shape it to the brow/ and taper, then manually adjust the splines as needed.
Right now they're way too thick, and dense, and dark.

You might also try creating multiple textures of an eyebrow and layering them with multiple meshes.

Keep in mind that there's no "correct way" to make this. Even if you're planning on rendering close ups of the face, doesn't mean transparent textures can't look good if made well.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (137KB, 525x293px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
137KB, 525x293px
>>512340
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.