[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, since the previous one appears to be pretty dead, I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: low_poly_tanks_WW2.jpg (104KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
low_poly_tanks_WW2.jpg
104KB, 640x480px
Well, since the previous one appears to be pretty dead, I'm taling it upon myself to start a new QTDDTOT thread.

I just want to know if anyone has any decent guides/tips to modeling extremely low-poly stuff. I'm talking <1000 tris. Vehicles, buildings, etc...

Pic related, what I'm shooting for.
>>
taking*
>>
What is the general consensus on rhino3D?
>>
>>509523
I used Rhindo 3D for some time while making an architectural model and while working as an intern at a company that produces models of any kind. The program itself takes a while to get used to and to grasp its full capabilities, you really need to use it a lot, but in general it is a program that really eases the task of making models of any kind because of its tools. If you are looking for a comfortable way to make scale models and want to use it for work, you would probably go for rhino (or maybe autoCAD, but i cant give you any opinions on that). If you want to make animations of some sorts, you can forget rhino because it is (i think) not able to make any.
>>
bemp
>>
>>509536
One of the main advantages of Rhino is grasshopper. It's a powerful tool once you learn how to use it, has a lot of actively developed sub plugins and is well documented.

That being said, Rhino is mainly a surface modeling program so if your specifically looking for polygon modellers, go for something else.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.