[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creating a semi-realistic ocean in blender

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Blender.png (30KB, 982x671px) Image search: [Google]
Blender.png
30KB, 982x671px
Does anyone know how to create a nice looking (but low poly and baked) ocean that I can import into Unity? I don't know how to make the material look good and, basically everything.
I'm pretty new to blender.
Also, the ocean kinda flows into a river and ends out in the ocean again, but it looks like the water melts through the island. How do I make it seem like the water is crashing or flowing?
>>
>>509409
>blender
kek
>>
>but it looks like the water melts through the island
yes. That's what happens when you just intersect a plane through geometry.

first you gotta into 3D, then use something better than blender.

come back when you have actually into 3D
>>
Unlike these chucklefucks who have no idea how to answer your question but instead decided to shitpost. I'll provide some tips.

Texturing is vital for bodies of water, most 3d games with water uses an animated normal map to show water movement while others have some form of wave movement on the ocean model. If you looked at a river in Skyrim for example, you'd see that it's actually just a flat plane that has an animated texture on it.

For a blender animation, I'd just put a wave modifier on the middle of the island and adjust it so that it doesn't animate on the mouth of the river. You could probably use Weight Proximity for that.

For the river itself, you could animate a normal map going down it and have it animated as spreading outward toward the sea.

For better results look at other video games and real life rivers for inspiration.
>>
>>509409
Google blender ocean simulation add-on

Too tired to find you tutorials, you literally need to just type "blender ocean" into youtube and pick a recent tutorial
>>
>>509409
why not use one of unitys default water (theres one that looks like an ocean) i personally was very impressed
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.