[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First college assignment - 3Ds max

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

File: 1.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
Hey guys,
I was wondering if I could get any advice on how I could detail this ship? I really am not sure where to start.

Their are also 4 engines (not in picture)

I'v only just started using 3ds max and would love to hear some tips on how I can make it look less like shit.

Thanks for any feedback!
>>
File: 2.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
just going to post some updates as I work on it.
>>
>>508552
looks horrible. Do 2d concepts first dumbass. Can't into 2d? Your shit will always look real bad then
>>
>>508551
Greeble.
>>
>>508553
I disagree with this faggot.
it's a unique and interesting design. Sure it could use some changes, but it's a good start. It kind of reminds me of the Great Fox from starfox 64. Maybe taper the back off and add some kind of small wings / thrusters on the sides for stability. When detailing a ship like this you want a few areas full of detail, and large surfaces with seams where the hull is.
for instance an access dock might have air locks and signage around it. You may also want to relocate the antennae to the bottom of the cockpit so that it's protected by the body. Cockpits and comm hubs are generally areas to add a high level of detail. Go take a look at sci fi ship concepts.
>>
>>508555
Thanks for the tips :)
>>
File: 3.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
>>508555

Any preference?
>>
File: 4.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
>>
File: 5.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>>
>>508553
fuck off with your myths jackass
>>
File: 6.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>
>>508551
you need to use references when making shit
>>
File: 140.png (1MB, 1879x581px) Image search: [Google]
140.png
1MB, 1879x581px
>>508593
I know its shit but I did have one
>>
>>508551
put panel lines and pipes and random techno looking shit on there
>>
File: Heavytransportrender1.jpg (48KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Heavytransportrender1.jpg
48KB, 800x600px
another update
>>
I feel like that r2-d2 turret doesnt belong there. It has this stealth design and that odd-space-ball gun just sticks up on top.
>>
File: bomberrender3.jpg (51KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
bomberrender3.jpg
51KB, 800x600px
>>
>>509440
I'm with this guy, try making the ball turret a darker color to fit in with the rest of the ship.
>>
>>509604
but besides that, the shape of the cockpit with its somewhat wild poly design in comparison to the mild polyed body of the ship and the high polygon turret makes the ship hard to gain some sort of streamlined appearance.
>>
>>509257
I like the ball turret though
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.