[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when you spend few hours making something than take a good hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

when you spend few hours making something than take a good hard look at it and...

i really need to git gud at sculpting
any tips on what road i should take?
watch anatomy sculpting vids and follow along, or just practice from reference
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-25-00-06-04.png (901KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-25-00-06-04.png
901KB, 1080x1920px
Anatomy videos most likely. Either that or make them from concepts.
>>
File: CharacterStrip.png (512KB, 2791x936px) Image search: [Google]
CharacterStrip.png
512KB, 2791x936px
>>507717
i woke up with the sudden urge to sculpt a wendigo from until dawn. i been at it all day and it looks shit. the anatomy isnt that bad, but it just looks shit.
ashamed but here it is, maybe someone can give a some advice on whats wrong... should i keep working on it? maybe detailing/posing might save it
>>
>>507716
Put in the hours, think about the subject, sculpt, sketch, and observe various people already proficient going at it.
Keep doing that for a few years and you will become a solid sculptor.

Picking up 2D probably teaches you the fastest because a big part of creating shapes is having a very accurate eye for reading curvature, and the motor functions to replicate them.
Sculting allows one to dick around more nudging shapes into existence, drawing objects/people are more unforgiving and will force you to develop these skills to a high degree faster.

Ability to hold any curve of a shape in your mind and replicate it as a line on a paper or a curvature of a surface, and get it to have the correct
dimensions and location in relation to the surrounding geometry / lines is the most important ability to develop towards perfection.
Basically it will make you see things as they really exist and halts your imagination from attempting to fill in the blanks as you draw/scuplt.
>>
>>507720
i haven't drawn/practiced drawing in ages. should i do it on paper or is digital just as good?

got any tutorials in mind i can get from cgpeers?
>>
>>507719
You've done detail work pretty okayish so each area in isolation is in the realm of having potential.
But you've largely ignored how the whole interconnects.

You have a super stiff T pose there. Just imagine that being your spine, your legs, your neck, your shoulders.

I suggest you start practice doing posed works, drawing poses or sculpting sculpts that is in a posed position.
To start familiarize yourself with how a body works as a dynamic mechanical system.

Once you've gone that road you'll be able to create A - T posed characters that looks like they are
plausible living creatures of interconnected bones and tissue.
>>
>>507723
yea t-pose kills me, i do better when the cracter is mid way posed cuz it gives me a better feel for how it looks when its in t pose i get confused
>>
>>507722
Pen & Paper is the better option as far as practice goes, using a tablet there is the innate disconnect between your hand/eye coordination that
have nothing to do with your skill as an artist and everything to do with the flawed nature of the input device.

Using a tablet you are lookin at another place than where you're inputing so your brain have to attempt to correct for the angle of the monitor and the angle of the tablet.
And since there is a mismatch between the size of your canvas and the size of your tablet it adds further inaccuracies you have to work around.

Alltogether this means that even if you have many years of experience drawing on tablets, your linework are still gonna be faster and more skilled with pen & paper.
So as long as you're just practicing sketching and don't need all the digital magic of the computer you might as well use pen & paper.

If you're pretty new to tablets you might just use it just to get to the point where you are as good with a tablet as you gonna get (compared to your freehand).
They do take some time to familirize and get skilled with, and you're still gonna be better without it should you decide to put it down.
>>
>>507716
DONT GIVE UP DUDE
I BELIEVE IN YOU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
>>
>>507716
>Go to /ic
>Read fucking sticky
>Loomis
>Profit from your badass sculpts
>>
>>508201
>>508201

> Go to /ic/
> Loomis
> Still have shitty sculpts.

3D sculpting is impossible. I tried for 6 months.

Literally, you need to do sculpting for 15 hours a day for three years to get good.

That is impossible unless you are a 3D art student or a neet.
>>
File: BS.png (275KB, 959x846px) Image search: [Google]
BS.png
275KB, 959x846px
>>508207

>Literally, you need to do sculpting for 15 hours a day for three years to get good.

That's bullshit. I started a month ago and can do this much.

Do you know the names of the superficial muscles ? Do you know where they originate and insert ? Do you know whether they flex, abduct, or what is their antagonist ?

https://human.biodigital.com/index.html learn the skeleton, then the muscles. If you want to sculpt other than T-Poses you'll need to know what is the action of the muscles as well.

Personally, I don't think raw anatomy has much art to it. It's all technical and understanding what goes on where.
>>
>>507716
Fail... fail time and time again. until a point where you don't realize that you're not failing anymore.
>>
>>508208
Hah. Here we go...
>>
>>508207
try harder, you only lose when you give up
>>
>>508392
Where are we going anon
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.