[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you rig, pose and perhaps also animate living slimes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

How do you rig, pose and perhaps also animate living slimes, jellies and other marco-sized amoebas?

What is, i nyour opinion the optimal pipeline for doing a lot of stills of an amoeba-type creature? Let's say you're making a D&D themed comic and these critters pop up constantly. Would you concede going all the way back to the modeling software and remaking the base model for every take?
>>
>>507531
Just model a blob, rig it and animate it. If you want some dripping and melting effect you just make an animated material.
If you want it to actually change forms and such I think you have to use blendshapes.
>>
>>507538
>blendshapes on a jelly
are you retarded?
>>
>>507531

I would consider using clusters.
>>
>>507541

Could you please elaborate/link an example? I don't seem to be able to find anything 3d software related by keyword "clusters", that'd look like a semi-uniform mass.

PS Happy new year.
>>
>>507531
I'd probably just skin the creature around a viscous fluid sim and guide the simulation to create movements. Or just skin it to a rig that suits it and make the skin dynamic, so that it deforms to contact with the ground and other stuff and jiggles with physics.
>>
You dave to just bind the mesh to a series of unparented bones and guide them with a really specialized rig. You might need a special rig for every single movement it does.
>>
File: Bob_monsters_vs_aliens_2.jpg (34KB, 520x524px) Image search: [Google]
Bob_monsters_vs_aliens_2.jpg
34KB, 520x524px
>>507549
Not him but this should give you some idea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOq0H1V3mSE
Basically you use a lattice and take a group of points and sort of combine them to make a cluster.

One of my teachers worked on Monsters Vs Aliens (the show, unfortunately, not the original movie) but I asked him about it and he said the slime dude here was rigged similarly to this, but with a bunch of extra physics junk on the model so it would wobble slightly after he moved, and the base would constantly drip over itself.
>>
File: render_blob[1].png (14KB, 600x180px) Image search: [Google]
render_blob[1].png
14KB, 600x180px
http://www.futuredatalab.com/blobfamily/
>>
Use meta-bals.
>>
>>507730
how would one create those folds at the base?
>>
File: 28e.png (157KB, 474x309px) Image search: [Google]
28e.png
157KB, 474x309px
bost you're best kevin memes pls
>>
File: 1431997613753.jpg (276KB, 1600x846px) Image search: [Google]
1431997613753.jpg
276KB, 1600x846px
>>508142
dork
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.