[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is workflow to rig and animate a high-poly asset like pic.....newbie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: kzCU0Qg.jpg (100KB, 668x667px) Image search: [Google]
kzCU0Qg.jpg
100KB, 668x667px
What is workflow to rig and animate a high-poly asset like pic.....newbie Zbrushfag here....
>>
its not highpoly
read about normal maps
>>
>>507229
no one rigs and animates any high poly assists, that would be a pain in the ass.
they use high quality/large normal maps
and you can rig/animate in zbrush, zbrush is a sculpting software
you gotta use maya/3ds max/c4d/ or blender to rig and animate
>>
>>507236
you can't rig and animate in zbrush*

>i said can, typo
>>
>>507236
i think spheremask is something that is used for trying to figure rigging position
>>
>>507229
You sculpt it, then do a retopo of the sculpt using Maya Quad Draw, Topogun, ZBrush Topology brush, etc... then bake details from the high poly to textures maps for the low poly, like color, normals, displacements, etc... And rig the low-poly.
>>
Please a Tutorial for this workflow.....!!!!!!!You sculpt it, then do a retopo of the sculpt using Maya Quad Draw, Topogun, ZBrush Topology brush, etc... then bake details from the high poly to textures maps for the low poly, like color, normals, displacements, etc... And rig the low-poly.
>>
>>507257

Just look for "Maya Modeling Toolkit tutorial" in google.
>>
>>507257
u dont need to retopo in maya, the zremesher does a very good job at it on its own
>>
>>507257

You're asking for a tutorial that would be several hours long.

There are a lot of different concepts in that workflow. Learn each individually:

Sculpting
Retopology
Normals baking
Texturing/Materials
Rigging
Animation
>>
>>507386
Wrong, oh so wrong. zRemesher is good for getting you workable topology to use for sculpting with subdivision levels, but it does not produce the most optimal results for games, nor the most animation friendly topology, that is why manual retopo is still important after.
>>
>>507413

I knew it was too good to be true.

What if you use retopology guidelines beforehand ?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.