[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not super ambitious. How long does it take to achie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

I'm not super ambitious. How long does it take to achieve the skill with Blender to proficiently make movies with shitty n64 graphics, so I can make movies just like Tawainese News: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=259jj-5YgdI
>>
PerfectDark 64 took a crew, of over a hundred, years to make.

The "shittiness" of the graphics came from hardware limitations that masters of the craft took great pains to compensate for which is why the game looks as good as it does.

You're not making your job easier by setting the quality bar lower, and you've picked a completely flawed example of low quality.
>>
>>506251
Half life was made by 47 people.
How does that make you feel?
>>
>>506257
and it was also delayed 6 years.
>>
>>506251
For real though senpai even a retard with almost no artistic skill by himself could make perfect dark. The models are entirely shitty textures derived from photos and like 30 triangles.

By the end of the month OP could be making shit like that.
>>
>>506260
The first one, fucknut.
>>
>>506377
Well shit if it's so goddamn easy then OP shouldn't need to make a thread talking about it.
Instead we have another "LOL I dont want to be GOOD I just want to make retro gfx! cuz its EZ"

In a month OP won't even have TRIED to replicate perfect dark models because his strategy is to just keep lowering the bar on himself till he can take a nap.
>>
>>506389
I guess that's fair. I don't see why people don't just try to do things instead of asking CAN I DO IT?
>>
I'm kinda curious, how do you achieve that kind of look in rednering anyway? Just have ambient light to 100% and with 100 defuse?
>>
>>506251
Wrong. It had a team of about 15 and took just under 3 years.
>>
>>506458
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qyBn9zOa-c

>>506260
Fucking seriously? It had a planned release date in 1996 and has two 1 year delays. 6 years the time it took to make a sequel.
>>
File: femalegeth.jpg (233KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
femalegeth.jpg
233KB, 1920x1080px
>>506377
>>506389
I mean, it totally would be easy as fuck to do retro graphics.
but I could only see it had kinda of dev thing. While you build the maps, make NPCS, Make the models, textures, scenery. The low poly models would really just end up as programming dummies, while I make the model that goes in game. making these models does take time, but not that much time. (Animation excluded) If someone really sat down for 8 hours and did nothing but make models, they could probably get many done.
>>
>>506458
Oh well then my point falls apart because op will have no problem fulfilling 45 years worth of work on his own.

Do you get my point at least? That these old games were not made as weekend projects by amatuers? That saying "I'm not ambitious, I just want to be able to shoot movies like casablanca" is asinine because it first assumes that because they had hardware limitations that their work was somehow easier, and secondly that another loser is so averse to hardworking he has to lower the bar to the floor and still has the gall to ask how long it'll take.
>>
>>506621
>If someone really sat down for 8 hours and did nothing but make models
And people who do this don't make threads asking how long it's going to take.
>>
>>506418
point light+ really low AA & texture resolution
upscaled screen resolution
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.