[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hair? How?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: wip.jpg (374KB, 1329x794px) Image search: [Google]
wip.jpg
374KB, 1329x794px
Hello /3/!

I just started using zbrush and wanted to know how to achieve anime-ish hair styles?

I'm sculpting this character but I'm not too sure on how to make the hair.

If anyone can give me pointers or a small tutorial on how I can achieve the look of my character it'd be really nice.

I pick up really fast on stuff even with a small amount of detail as long as I know what tool to use and how to use it.

THANKS!
>>
>>506116

The sticky has pointers on how to do hair.

Also, don't be surprised if at some point you want to pull out your own. Hair is not easy.
>>
>>506117
thanks lol I'll look at it.

I just thought there would be someone who would be willing to teach me some other methods
>>
>>506120
Just to give you a perspective of the task, there are people's deviant art profiles that are all about making hair. That's all they do.

http://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/tutorials/maya/classicalgirl/index3.html

check this out then. First part of the tutorial is of the face, then it talks about hair.
>>
>>506116
Curve tube brushes m8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-7psbsSWJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tAcZsMhxM0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7NmfO3s1hs
>>
>>506122

BM'ed. Is there a catch to this technique ? It looks very nice, but does it work well with animation or for other considerations than just a sculpt ?
>>
>>506124
Anything you sculpt in ZBrush can be adapted for use in other things, all it takes is some quick retopo. For sculpted hair like that, a zRemesh of it will give you a good enough result for animation. But for the body you generally want to do a manual retopo on top of the sculpt and project details to it so you can bake a displacement or normal map.
>>
>>506116
Not judging, genuinely curious.
Why would you model your character on Zbroush?
>>
>>506460
I just seem to have a easier time sculpting than actually box modelling.

And its not bad to learn multiple tools like this either.
>>
File: Eoddysey.png (214KB, 1191x937px) Image search: [Google]
Eoddysey.png
214KB, 1191x937px
>>506116
>Making anime characters in Zbrush.

Get with the times gramps all the Japs use obscure Japanese modeling software with godawful interfaces straight out of some Windows 98 program.
>>
>>507258
Did you make this? If yes, how?
>>
>>507258
Lol.

I probably should get with the times...
I'm all self taught and junk.

I can only copy what others do and thats about it.

I should study more
>>
File: 14490608802382.jpg (168KB, 1197x581px) Image search: [Google]
14490608802382.jpg
168KB, 1197x581px
>>507258
>obscure Japanese modeling software
>>
>>507258
HOW DO THIS
>>
>>507337
dumb ass that is Autodesk: 3ds max you noob
>>
>>507258
Like what? Blender? Alias? Softimage?
>>
>>507372

Dipshit mother fisting beyond retarded calibrated dick hunter sucking to find father's acceptance, that anon was debunking that it takes special obscure software to create those things by using an image from one of the artists their self.
>>
>>507374
top kek
>>
File: CRAZY HAIR.png (169KB, 1135x560px) Image search: [Google]
CRAZY HAIR.png
169KB, 1135x560px
either just use dynamesh or crazy hair (fibermesh) and tweek some settings
>>
>>507374
tbf family that model looks kinda shit. I'm gonna need to see it in motion in order to prove your point. Do you have any videos that this particular model is featured in so I can review it for myself?
>>
>>507258
Post nudes.
>>
>>507518
more like crazy ankles
>>
>>507676
lmao'd
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.