[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I haven't used Maya before and want to be proficient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: PCPrinciple.jpg (7KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
PCPrinciple.jpg
7KB, 208x242px
If I haven't used Maya before and want to be proficient enough in Maya to make make fairly detailed models and very basic animations, about how long would it take for the average learner? I literally have nothing to do all day everyday until January

pic unrelated
>>
Hey Leslie! Shut your fucking mouth!
>>
>>505364
It would take you everyday until January to become proficient enough in Maya
>>
Oh look, another one who wants to try but will eventually burn out from learning because they lack passion.
>>
>>505364
i have never built anything before, so i want to build a house. i have a month.
>>
>>505488
well if you pirate maya, just click that box icon to make like that box shape y'know, and then you press F11 to drag the flat shapey thingies and CTRL+E to create those pimples that begin with the original shape and then F9 to drag those points to make it stylized and then F10 to drag the lines and make them look good and then use that tool called "bevel" to make the corners look super good and reflect light better and then press 1 and 3 to check if your model looks good after smoothing and there you go now you can use maya glhf
>>
>>505364
oh and press F8 to go between clicking object and clicking parts of the object glhf senpai
>>
>>505532
>Using F keys
>Not simple holding right-click and dragging in a certain direction depending on the mode you want to switch to
What is this, monkey school?
>>
>>505584
Do you play mmorpgs and click the spell icons as well, retard?
>>
>>505735
That's not what I said at all. Right-click + drag is faster than moving your hand over to the F keys each time you want to switch modes. Learn to actually use the optimizations in user interaction instead of only pressing buttons like a lab monkey.
>>
File: 20151006050001.MJPG.MP4.webm (455KB, 648x424px) Image search: [Google]
20151006050001.MJPG.MP4.webm
455KB, 648x424px
>>505735
>>
>>505364

Took me 4 years to learn maya and get a job as a modeller in 2005 with aliaswavefront maya 4.0.
Maya 4.0 was shit for modelling, still is shit for modelling.
Internet was slow, me and my mates would burn pirated gnomon videos on cd-rom (700mb) and we would share them.

3d was so much harder in 2004. I had to figure out things through trial and error.
Now everything is bit clearer and alot easier.
>>
>>505761
how much do modelers get paid an hour?
is it just an average job that people on boards like these hype up because it would be cool to actually make video games?
>>
>>505766
You make anywhere from $33,000 to $90,000 a year depending on the studio and your role + experience.
>>
modellers don't get paid much. Unless you can model extremely complex hard surfaces mesh for generating normal maps.
Experience doesn't mean much. If you got skill and you can model like yemyam. You will get hired.
If you wanna learn 3d pure for money. You have to work extremely hard. The entire world is competing for your position.
>>
>>505769
so realistically, only the lead modelers make around 80-90k a year.
and regular guys make around $25 an hour? which is like 50k
>>
>>505770
>The entire world is competing for your position.
3D is not that easy to get into, let alone modeling for games which is way harder than regular movies/concept
>>
>>505782
Realistic advice. No such thing as a lead modeller in the games except when you work for epic games. They have some of the worlds best hardsurface modellers. YemYam but these guys have been modelling since 1999 with Mirai, Lightwave, wings3d.
You can make 100k a year as a lead artist.
Since our industry is heavily specialized. we have lead artist for characters, environments, hardsurface weapons, VFX.
Like I said before. The entire world is competing for that position. Exceptional talent is in demand, mediocrity is in high supply.
>>
Is my pc just crap or is substance painter becoming slower and slower.
Textured a few props for my scene 7 months ago. Substance was pretty fast.
Every update seems to make painting slower and slower.
I am using legit substance painter. Not pirated
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.