[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Electromagnetism in Blender

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1449049837212.jpg (76KB, 678x960px) Image search: [Google]
1449049837212.jpg
76KB, 678x960px
Is it possible to do simulations of electricity and magnetism in Blender, whether with addons or not?
I've seen that I can give particles charges, and simulate magnetic fields, but can I simulate induced magnetic fields and induced voltage?
Was going through some of my dad's old sketches and thought that his railgun-like thing looked interesting to try and simulate.
>>
First and last bump
>>
Might be easiest to just poly model the electricity and use modifiers or something to animate it, then add glow in post to make it look less solid.
>>
>>505205
This is for the purpose of simulation, not art.
>>
>>505208
Well if you want to simulate electrical currents you're looking at the wrong industry, let alone program.
>>
>>505208
then you'll have to study electromagnetic theory, learn to program, write a simulation program, and then you can use blender if you want to make 3d assets for graphics.
>>
>>504803
you want a CAD suite with finite elements analysis built in. Blender is not that.
>>
>>504803
Use Unity or Unreal Op, they have programmable fully customisable physics engines that is accessible if you can code. They're a much better fit for what you wanna make than what you have available in a 3D content creation suite.
>>
>>504803
>dad's old sketches and thought that his railgun-like thing

US Navy already has a working railgun, the first big test fire is scheduled for sometime in 2016
>>
>>504803

It isn't built for what you're wanting to do. Those "simulations" are for artistic uses, not real-world accuracy.

Now, if you're a python scripter, you might be able to shoehorn something like that in, but honestly you're probably better off going to >>>/sci/ and asking them about it. There is much better software available for this purpose.
>>
>>505400

Um, yeah? Lots of people have railguns. They aren't that hard to build if you're a tinkerer. Just search for "railgun" on youtube. Making them practical weapons is the hard part.

Something tells me this guy's dad's sketches are closer to the "look what I built in my garage" variety over the "Look what we mounted on a Cruiser for $50 billion."
>>
>>505570
Not a conventional railgun, because it wouldn't be actual rails.
Just like, lead shot or something accelerated around until being spat out at high speed.
>>
>>507366

Actual railguns can be built in the garage.

Here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH08iDj2yic

Skip past the part with the cardboard and aluminum foil.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.