[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3D FIGHT!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: unnamed (2).png (22KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (2).png
22KB, 384x384px
Which one is better? Blender, 3D Max or Maya?
I want to see blood.
>>
i believe they are both capable of same things
but autodesk takes the cake with fancy plugins

ps. blender user
>>
>>504791
i like the three programs,
but as a wanna be linux fag, i would go for blender
It's the same withouth some plugins maya and max have, but nothing python can't solve
>>
>>504795
>gives three options
>both capable
>>
ALL poly modeling is shit

but when I need to quickly model, I use Blender. When I need to rig, I refuse to use anyhting besides Maya.

Blender is quicker for low poly game art. Blender rigging is a fucking nightmare.

Good night, polymodeling kiddos.

Keep trying to box model your shitty characters
>>
File: blender_shit_UI.png (165KB, 833x1031px) Image search: [Google]
blender_shit_UI.png
165KB, 833x1031px
>>504791
>use blender they said
>it's just as good as 3Ds Max in every way
How do I close all these UI windows? Every time I try to drag them into another panel to close them they just open another panel.
>>
>>504822
shift space retard

t

r

n
>>
>>504824
>retard
None of those work.
>>
>>504791
Softimage
>>
3d
>>
>>504816
>ALL poly modeling is shit
ALL *of your poly modeling is shit

blender isnt quicker for shit, modo has great modeling tools and so does max/maya. but get that blender shit out of here
>>
>>504848
haven't you heard of bsurfaces?
>>
File: 1449510200376.jpg (33KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
1449510200376.jpg
33KB, 500x336px
>>504861
>bsurfaces

Wow, it's literally the same NURB shit made in the 90s and something every other modelling package already contains

It's also literally the same as subdiv modelling, except the control points are controlled differently

What kind of stupid bait is this
>>
>>504822
Just reload your custom startup. You did setup your own startup blend with render settings, your own common custom materials, a 3 point lighting system, and a shader ball...right?

You aren't deleting a Cube every time you start up Blender, are you?
>>
>>504863
you can retopo very fast with it
>>
File: 1445342070003s.jpg (6KB, 249x250px) Image search: [Google]
1445342070003s.jpg
6KB, 249x250px
>>504822
>>504822
>>
>>504822
Drag the thing you used to create those in the opposite direction. You will see an arrow overlay so you'll know you're doing the right thing.
>>
>>504822
at this point you won't be able to close the windows anymore

blender should have a portview reset button, i even save everytime because opening one
>>
>>504900
Are you retarded? What do you think the layout presets are for?
>>
Metasequoia
>>
>>505559
He's exaggerating, BUT it would be nice if when you modified the Default layout it automatically made a Default.001 (that you could then rename of course) and kept Default as Default, instead you have to manually do that

>Well I don't EVER want the Default!
OK but sometimes it's nice in case your cat jumps on your keyboard and you don't want to have to reload stuff etc.
>>
>>504822
right click on the edge of each window and select join, then move your cursor left or right and click according to the arrow
>>
I used maya in college, now I'm using blender. Maya was always crashing and I would have to keep importing the files into a new scene just to get it not to crash for a while. blender seems so much more stable to me and even has sculpting and texture painting built in. plus blender had blendshapes built into the model before maya did. though I do miss maya's modeling tools that preserve the mode's edge flow. I haven't seen anything like that in blender
>>
>>504816

Poly modelling is shit?

News to me. Yeah I can hard surface and retopo in Zbrush if I have to but honestly I can make a hard surface model much quicker and easier in a vertex modeller. Even when I'm doing soft surface and organic modelling I still find it easier to box model my rough base in a vertex modeller and then import that into zbrush to refine it.
>>
>>505780
Maya has improved a hell of a lot over the past few versions though and they fixed up a shit tone of bugs on top of that. Also, the computers are colleges tended to have shit that caused Maya to be buggier than it really was. Give 2016 a try, I think you'd like it.

Blender did not have Blendshapes before Maya did...
>>
Unless you are really serious about becoming a professional animator or something, I'd advice you to stick with Blender. It's so much easier and faster to get in to.
>>
File: Dracula (3).jpg (439KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Dracula (3).jpg
439KB, 1200x1200px
>>504791
https://www.periscope.tv/sotnickova2014/1YqKDMMvlZeGV

What is Blender?
>>
>>505809
>Blender did not have Blendshapes before Maya did...

He said Blender had them BUILT INTO THE MODEL before Maya did. For a long, long time, Maya needed separate copies of the mesh for each blendshape you wanted to use in the main mesh. It was... not optimal, to put it mildly.
>>
File: mayasfacewhen.png (15KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
mayasfacewhen.png
15KB, 960x540px
>>
Read the sticky nigger.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.