[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been putting it off doing this Windows 10 upgrade,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: windows9orsomething.png (8KB, 704x164px) Image search: [Google]
windows9orsomething.png
8KB, 704x164px
I've been putting it off doing this Windows 10 upgrade, but this shit keeps bugging me and now it's starting to download the update automatically without me asking it to. So, if I do the upgrade should I be concerned about compatibility with my 3D programs? I use 3ds Max with plugins like FumeFX, as well as ZBrush and occasionally other programs like Speedtree, RealFlow, etc. Will all of this work like it would in Windows 7, even if I use older versions?
>>
windows 10 is a downgrade and cashgrab from win7
>>
>>503324
So I should wait it out? I think the free upgrade expires in July, so I have some time. How is it a downgrade? Besides the privacy issues.
>>
File: smug animé girl.gif (64KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
smug animé girl.gif
64KB, 300x300px
>>503322
>for a limited time

just come clean microdicksoft, you will keep it there forever lest some willing victim would not get datamined
>>
>>503324
Windows 10 performs much faster, and gives you access to DX12. You can disable the datamining features.
>>
>>503322
Google this shit, there is an Windows update which does this upgrade shit, you can simply remove it and forget it.
>>
>>503322
Your software will probably work fine but windows 10 is shit. Stick with 7 if you absolutely need windows specific software, otherwise switch to Linux. Max I believe is windows only, however Maya does have a Linux version. Not sure about zbrush and others.

>install gentoo
>>
>>503322

There's no point in putting it off, unless your machine can't handle Windows 10 for some reason.

Every time there's an update to Windows, people drag their feet and swear they'll stick with the old version. I remember people not wanting to upgrade 3.1 to 95. And yeah, you get to keep your favorite OS for a bit, but after a while you'll find that you don't have driver support anymore, and programs will require features your version of Windows doesn't have.

I'd suggest you back your shit up and go ahead. If all your stuff still works, find out how to disable the privacy invading crapware and keep it. If not, format and go back to 7.

But what do I know, I ditched Windows in '97.

>>503455

That advice is a good way to make someone hate Linux. Going from a binary-only "user friendly" <cough> system to a source-based "hope you read the manual" system has an effect on your brain that is somewhat like putting your car in reverse when you're going 80mph on the Interstate. A tiny fraction of people will like it; everyone else will give up before they even get it working and judge Linux in general based on the experience.
>>
bought a second HDD
duplicated Win7 to that HDD
updated second HDD to Win 10
Dual boot - barely use Win7 anymore
>>
>>503322
Join the botnet.

We've been waiting for you Anon.
>>
>>503371
how does one disable them>
>>
i keep getting this shit pop up as well despite deleting the windows update that causes it. fuck MS. I have literally no reason to update but they insist on nagging me with their bullshit. This is not quality customer service.
>>
File: 1439532294454.png (136KB, 630x776px) Image search: [Google]
1439532294454.png
136KB, 630x776px
>>503322
windows eat 10% of mm computer power for apps, cortana and other shit i literally never use nor want to have in my computer at all. inb4 any of you fucks will say that i can switch it off.

SURPRIISSSE BITCHASS!! you cant. it reinstall with every fucking update.

also windows 10 is fucking open wide to internet. friend of me ran check and discovered it fucking open like a shit in 90'ens when every fucking 10 years old kido was capable to break in and wreck the all shit..
>>
File: 6781349.jpg (18KB, 531x409px) Image search: [Google]
6781349.jpg
18KB, 531x409px
>>505503

you literally cant. there were some hacks to delete them but microsoft changed Apps and reinstalled all with last major update.
>>
>>505505

That's because you didn't do it right.
>>
>>503666
>Every time there's an update to Windows, people drag their feet and swear they'll stick with the old version.
>I remember people not wanting to upgrade 3.1 to 95. And yeah, you get to keep your favorite OS for a bit,
>but after a while you'll find that you don't have driver support anymore, and programs will require features your version of Windows doesn't have.

Got to keep my XP all the way well into Win 7 SP1. Then it broke with some newer software that forced an upgrade.
Still, laughed my vista shilling friends right in the fucking face for multiple years.
XP performed like a champ until the end, and win7 is all good now too. Been out so long that it's dialed in and configed just right.
Killing that horrid fucking update nagware was a bit of a hassle though, but now Microsoft will pull my win7 ultimate from my cold dead hands.

Or, you know, in like a few years when we're on win XIII SP2 or some shit.
>>
>>503666
Triple six's telling us to go for win10, can it be more obv why we shouldn't?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.