[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help, /3/. I'm trying to export a high poly model

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.jpg (779KB, 1899x1998px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
779KB, 1899x1998px
Need help, /3/.

I'm trying to export a high poly model in Blender to then import into xNormal and later import into Quixel. However every time I try to make a high poly model I get these defined edges that appear which ruin the entire process. I understand Subdivision Surface is set to "Simple", but if I chose "Catmull" it would make parts of the rifle spherical--which I don't want. Anyone know how I can get by this?
>>
post wire
>>
File: low poly wire.jpg (1MB, 1702x1784px) Image search: [Google]
low poly wire.jpg
1MB, 1702x1784px
>>503129
>>
no idea what it happens, did you use edge split or flat shading?

go to object data/wire/draw all edges and post
>>
File: capture.jpg (1MB, 1480x1890px) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
1MB, 1480x1890px
>>503134
>>
>>503134
Didn't use neither edge split nor flat shading. Just now applied it and it got rid of all the lines and kept most of the shape intact except only when it's in Catmull. There are a few shapes out of place and Simple is still the same. Will try flat shading next.
>>
>>503143
there are so many unneeded edges so when you smooth the normals it probably shows them

you can start dissolving edges by select an edge with right mouse button and delete/dissolve edges.

but if you are happy with the model there is no need for such manual work
>>
>>503144
When you say unneeded edges I assume you mean the high concentration of edges on the stock and around the middle area.
>>
>>503146
>stock
Correction, grip.
>>
>>503146
yes
but its highpoly weapon so its not really a "problem"
>>
>>503122
You don't use th simple subdivision in subsurf, only the default one. That's your problem, you're subdividing without smoothing.
To keep your model from becoming "spherical" you have to learn how to use control edge loops.
>>
>>503165
Either that or abuse creases. Control edge loops are superior though unless you're trying to keep the polycount down for some reason.
>>
>>503165
>>503181
I'm not trying to keep the poly count low since this is a low poly model being transformed into a high poly model.

>control edge loop
I'll look into this when I get the chance. I'm assuming applying these control edge loops is similar to applying seams; select edges and mark.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.