[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Houdini a good idea to start with this whole 3D thing ? And

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Houdini_15.jpg (401KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Houdini_15.jpg
401KB, 800x450px
Is Houdini a good idea to start with this whole 3D thing ?
And what are your general thoughts about it ?
It seems so much better than the other ones.
>>
No. Houdini is both too "low-level" for the noob and too "high-level" for anyone with a clue.
>>
>>502987
For hero characters? No
For environments and procedural modelling of said things? Yes.
Depends what you want to do, but you'll probably be better starting with another general 3D package to get the basics of the medium down
>>
>>502987
Maya is really the best package these days to get into 3D. The workflows are simple, the UI is easy to use and organized now, and it's the best all-around package now. It also has a shit tonne of learning resources for it.
>>
>>502988
You mean too high level for noobs and too low level for profs
>>
>>503042
KEK
>>
Houdini is great!
Maya is the Britney Spears of 3d imho.
Just because its the most popular, doesn't mean its the best.
Houdini can do most of what all the other can, but it does it in a non destructive way.
Your time will not be wasted learning it.
But just like Britney made more money than most real musicians, you are more likely to find a job in this mainstream piece of maya.
>>
>>503047
I have houdinifx, Maya/3ds 2015, blender aswell. (pirated,[way to expensive to pay for it right now]) Is there any way I can learn it? Where would be a good start?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.