[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi Anons. Im learning MODO 901 and I have some questions. First

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: modo.png (205KB, 1256x768px) Image search: [Google]
modo.png
205KB, 1256x768px
Hi Anons. Im learning MODO 901 and I have some questions. First question is: how to connect these verts? I want to divide this Ngon.
>>
>>502406
use the new tool they just added, called autodesk maya
>>
>>502406
C for edge slice, draw a line between the verts you want to connect.

Also you may want to check those edges, it looks like you have a couple overlapping. You can usually tell by the darker shading on them. To check that, just hit Tab and it will proxy sub divide the mesh and reveal any hidden edges.
>>
File: p90progress.png (225KB, 1604x914px) Image search: [Google]
p90progress.png
225KB, 1604x914px
Here is OP

Here is small progress. This is my second day with MODO. I have to say that this is nice program, but it likes to crush sometimes.
>>502491
Why you think that Maya is better?

>>502513
Thank you. I found that CTRL+L is also nice.

My next question is: What is difference between filling hole with P and CTRL+B?
>>
>>502565
...Find out... I'm typing faster than my brain thinks.
>>
>>502565

Because he's only used Maya, therefore it's obv. the best.
>>
>>502565
Loop slice is a very good tool as well. So is "add loop" because it works like Maya's insert edge where you can use it repeatedly, without having to leave the tool, by holding shift and clicking where you want to the loop to go.

As for the difference between Ctrl B and P I don't know, I've only ever used P. Though they seem like they do the same thing.
>>
File: how.png (137KB, 1064x728px) Image search: [Google]
how.png
137KB, 1064x728px
>>502632
Next question. In Blender I can select part of loop by selecting startpoint and endpoint. Is There something like that in MODO?
>>
>>502639
I've always just done that by either loop selecting then deselecting in ortho view what I don't want, Or by holding shift and right mouse dragging the polys I want (this can only be done if you set your mouse preferences to Maya mapping). I don't know if there's a shortcut that lets you do that off hand. There might be though.
>>
>>502641
You can select polys by draging without changing anything, Son next question is: Is there easier way to select loops? In Blender you only have to hold Shift+Ctrl and click between faces making loop. In 3DS MAX you have to select one poly then hold shift and select next one. Done.
In MODO you have to select 2 polys And then click L. double click works only with edges. Is there easier way to do it?
>>
>>502644
Than selecting two polys in the loop you want and hitting L? I think that's as easy as it gets. That's the only shortcut for loop selecting I know anyhow. I do know that you can loop select multiple loops this way by continually choosing pairs of polys/edges/verts you want in the loop, and all you have to do is press L once and it selects all the loops you designated this way. So I guess that's one way to may it quicker if you're selecting a lot of loops
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.